1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babar

Babar Senior Member

I'll post some pics tomorrow....

BTW why is leather ok but fur bad? animal cruelty and the related ethics is pretty much a blind spot for me so I really have no idea...

Well, here's a swiss documentary from a chinese fur farm where the fur went to collars on cheap counterfeit jackets that's quite provoking to say the least. Definitely NSFW: video

I would think that high end designers don't source leathers and fur from such farms though, but I would never ever purchase cheap 'made in China' leather/fur anything. A lot of designers, Prada comes to mind, have even moved away from using real furs altogether.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I should have some Common Projects white achilles high coming sometime in the next week. I'm pumped.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Hey fuck you fucker I went to 3 stores in Manhattan that all said they had 1 in stock and then had to special order it.

For me:
    Jil Sander grey wool multi-seam jacket (ignore the Gucci hanger)
    [​IMG]
    Jil Sander 70/30 cashmere/silk zip up grey hoodie new from S/S 08 very light and thin
    Jil Sander 50/50 cashmere/silk charcoal and grey line turtleneck
    [​IMG]

Christmas Presents for the Boyfriend:
    Le Labo cologne
    [​IMG]
    Martin Margiela black tee with metallic gold squares
    Dries van Noten black vneck with glitter 5
    [​IMG]
    Prada cotton/poly color block sweater
    [​IMG]
    Alexander McQueen wool and silk lapel vest
    [​IMG]

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Are these supposed to be surprise presents?

5. LabelKing

Bitch!! To stay on topic: [​IMG] Rick Owens lambs leather rider with removable fox fur collar.
    I love that oversized fur collar. For the fur detractors: What do you think of my fur? It's Colobus Monkey skin. [​IMG]

6. LabelKing

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Distinguished Member

Hey fuck you fucker I went to 3 stores in Manhattan that all said they had 1 in stock and then had to special order it.

For me:
    Jil Sander grey wool multi-seam jacket (ignore the Gucci hanger)
    [​IMG]
    Jil Sander 70/30 cashmere/silk zip up grey hoodie new from S/S 08 very light and thin
    Jil Sander 50/50 cashmere/silk charcoal and grey line turtleneck
    [​IMG]

Christmas Presents for the Boyfriend:
    Le Labo cologne
    [​IMG]
    Martin Margiela black tee with metallic gold squares
    Dries van Noten black vneck with glitter 5
    [​IMG]
    Prada cotton/poly color block sweater
    [​IMG]
    Alexander McQueen wool and silk lapel vest
    [​IMG]

how much was the jil hoodie if you dont mind me asking?

8. cloudhands69

cloudhands69 Well-Known Member

Ok I def. do not want to get into a debate about animal ethics blah blah blah but I will say for the fur vs. leather thing:
    -Leather lasts a really long time. Its more durable than most man made equivalents.
    -Manmade materials often require extremely toxic chemicals/processes and have therefore a much more negative impact on the environment, which should be weighed when choosing a purchase (imo).
    -Leather is a byproduct of another industry (food) so it makes sense that you would use that part of the animal, too. I don't think anyone eats the mink carcass (er maybe its chopped up into pet food or some shit, I don't know)

I don't want to be a troll or come off as a hater cause that's really not me. But if someone posts something like the jacket above, I'm gonna jump in and be the (more often only) voice of dissent. I mean hell, this is a clothing forum so we're all into a little self indulgence but, please, you've got enough dope leather jackets as it is, don't you? You really need to kill a fox so you can have another one? Wear a scarf or some shit!

Rant over, please continue the deluge of rampant consumerism (pics please!)

9. overdog

overdog Senior Member

Well, here's a swiss documentary from a chinese fur farm where the fur went to collars on cheap counterfeit jackets that's quite provoking to say the least. Definitely NSFW: video

Ack! That was more sickening to me than the 2 girls 1 cup video. Why would they not kill the animals first?

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

how much was the jil hoodie if you dont mind me asking?

$1,075

11. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Distinguished Member

i might have to go check it out

ive been wanting a cashmere/silk hoodie in exactly those proportions

the one from mj but its too damn much

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Nice pickups on the jil hoodie and turtleneck. Look real sharp. The cashmere/silk blend only sweetens the deal.

13. randomtw

randomtw Senior Member

some very nice pickups here

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

I still love the metallic turtlenecks from f/w and the round toe lace ups are dope (though they run like 3 sizes big ha!).

We have a 3 person sander fan base here I love it. Wore my chunky metallic v today and the shit didn't keep me warm in 45 degree cold brrr.

Fuckin socal already scoopin spring shit, you're lucky I couldn't make it inside bev hills because it was a fuckin zoo and nowhere to park.

There's plenty on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Raf-Simons-Mar.../dp/888158543X

Are you going to get it for me?

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Distinguished Member

Ok I def. do not want to get into a debate about animal ethics blah blah blah but I will say for the fur vs. leather thing:
    -Leather lasts a really long time. Its more durable than most man made equivalents.
    -Manmade materials often require extremely toxic chemicals/processes and have therefore a much more negative impact on the environment, which should be weighed when choosing a purchase (imo).
    -Leather is a byproduct of another industry (food) so it makes sense that you would use that part of the animal, too. I don't think anyone eats the mink carcass (er maybe its chopped up into pet food or some shit, I don't know)

I don't want to be a troll or come off as a hater cause that's really not me. But if someone posts something like the jacket above, I'm gonna jump in and be the (more often only) voice of dissent. I mean hell, this is a clothing forum so we're all into a little self indulgence but, please, you've got enough dope leather jackets as it is, don't you? You really need to kill a fox so you can have another one? Wear a scarf or some shit!

Rant over, please continue the deluge of rampant consumerism (pics please!)

Agreed. I wear leather because it´s (mostly) a byproduct, and definitly draw the line at fur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.