Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Beautiful sweaters. Where did you pick them up? I've been trying to convince myself i should buy that NDG piece.

Brigade and Stels both had that, as did Blackbird. Not sure of current availability though.

2. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

love that boo knit....how did you find the sizing....did you get your true size ?

3. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I'm sure you know already, but that BoO sweater is on sale at Blackbird right now.

4. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

yeah, but thanks anyway...........i want to know what the sizing is like...coz im not sure if a large would work for me and thats the biggest size they have

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i was pretty excited, i found a pair of navy blue American made chucks on Friday.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

i was pretty excited, i found a pair of navy blue American made chucks on Friday.

American made Chucks are available a lot on www.lastpairs.com

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^^^
    hmm, in the past their color choices have been rather sparse.

8. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

love that boo knit....how did you find the sizing....did you get your true size ?
    Tyler from Blackbird sent me this: "The XL tall shirt measures 21" pit-to-pit with a 28" long sleeve and the L sweater is 20" pit-to-pit with a 24" sleeve. I actually just found an XL sweater, too, which measures 21" pit-to-pit with a 24.5" sleeve." [The shirt refers to the green overdye oxford shirt--insanely undersized in the chest, as you can tell] I ended up with the sweater in an XL. I haven't tried in on yet, because I successfully floated it as a prospective Christmas present instead of buying it myself. I got the NDG sweater at Blackbird, too, with the 20% sufu discount. Fit is great after sizing up (maybe a 41" or 42" chest in an XL). I finally had to pull the trigger on both of these because the only sweaters I own are old Banana Republic leftovers from half a decade ago.

9. Chadley

Chadley Senior member

What I've picked up over the last couple of months: Burgundy Begg Scarf from Four in Hand: [​IMG] Crate September Shirt form Context: [​IMG] Filson satchel: [​IMG] Filson pants: [​IMG]

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Picked up some apc brick colored suede boots with wood color sole.

Also dinner with wine at AOC.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

picked up a couple casual watches to get my feet wet in the "automatic watch movement" par-tay

Hamilton 44mm "khaki" aviation watch
    Adee Kaye 47mm "submarine U-boat style" automatic

[​IMG]

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Where'd you get the Adee Kaye, old man?

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

actually got both watches at that shop on Colorado Blvd in Old Town...not even sure what it's called but I always walk by it and never been in. They have the usual suspects, but the AK caught my eye, being big, being bold, being black/red (one of my fave combos), and being cheap for an automatic. The leather band is really solid too, thick and not cheap feeling. Got the Hamilton and the AK on sale for about $750 for both. Wore the AK out window shopping yesterday on Rodeo for a bit and I was surprised nearly every store we went into a salesperson remarked on how much they liked it (got into a great conversation with a salesguy at Ralph Lauren that really knew his shoes,watches and clothes...wearing a Panerai himself. Great to meet fellows like that working in upscale retail since most SAs dont seem to know shit). Cool.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Yeah, I know the place you're talking about. It's a sweet watch (only a "12", automatic, color scheme, etc.).

Too bad there's none on ebay...

15. whacked

whacked Senior member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, GetSmart, but Adee Kaye is one of those Germasian brands that manufacture all the their watches in China yet lay claim to a German origin. Then again, you like the design and did not pay much for it, so all is well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.