Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

It's funny how people go apeshit over heinous overpriced sandals that nobody in California (well southern california would ever be caught dead in them. It's kind of like europeans making fun of americans wearing certain things that is considered garbage where they live.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

whos going apeshit over them? Not styleforum, thats for sure. Dont know if cali really is the home of Birkenstock either..

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

People who are recently getting into them and they're pretty much a hippie staple from decades ago in california. They are the bell bottoms of footwear, the nike cortez of sandals if you will. More power to you bobo just don't forget the tie dye t shirt [​IMG]

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The story of Birkenstock is really pretty interesting, and involves some intrigue in recent years IIRC, as I think the company has been family controlled for a long time--see this IHT article if you really, really want to know.

It's certainly a shoe with a heritage, though. I don't see being "into" birkenstocks as so much different than interest in vintage workwear or other gear, aside from the granola and german tourist connotations they might have in the US.

Jet, what've you and ghulkan been buying lately?

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm just giving him a hard time because I'm bored at home.

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

As for ghulkan, he's buying pretty much everything I pick up.

6. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

ill be honest, if anyone had the money and wanted to spend it right it would probably be shit jets been buying. we just similar tastes even though he thinks im copying off him

haahahaha

but i wouldnt know about half the shit if it werent for him ....

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Pics of Raf Simons laceups please.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Anything for you sir, they will be here next week.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, just got a few pairs of deadstock chucks. Two pairs of hightops in striped - Khaki/Milk and Indigo, and a lowtop pair of white cracked leather ones. Also picked up a henley from Wings+Horns and a pair of fingerless gloves (preparing for winter) from Coal Considered, and a Battistoni scarf. Yeah, I'm quite broke.

10. blank

blank Senior member

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jabreal00

jabreal00 Senior member

Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Great jacket, good fit. I like the overall outfit.

13. chiral

chiral Senior member

Just got in the mail a pair of Charles Tyrwhitt jodhpurs and a pair of APC rescues. I'm rather pleased.

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

[​IMG]

I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?

Yeah, very nice cardigan. Soft. I've seen a lot of the varsity stripes on Cardigans this year. Not sure yet if I am a fan, but I definitely like the higher buttoning front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.