1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xchen

xchen Senior member

2 of the RRL pickups.
    [​IMG]

X-posted in WAYWT.

2. robin

robin Senior member

Two Fred Perry polos, made in England. (Navy, and White)

[​IMG]

Fun Barbour Scarf, made in Scotland and surprisingly thick.

[​IMG]

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You wearin vans now? You gonna start posting waywt's on sufu too?

I don't know fok seems like you're regressing the older you get.

Haha. I was having a chat with Chad of Secret Service and Crate today, and it seems that he always goes back to his Chucks. We had a discussion about this, and it all winds down to "You'll look best in stuff you are comfortable in." I've been wearing Chucks (never Jack Purcells, I'm not a fan of the shape of the toebox) and Vans (slip-ons and Chukkas) for a long time now. Probably before some folks here were born.

And the Maharam fabrics are amazing. Maharam is probably best known for their fabrics woven for Eames chairs, but they also do stuff for Paul Smith. There is also a black/olive colorway that I had, and sold, because I like to wear lighter colored footwear. But Sportie LA has that color, and it is amazing. There is black, brown, and a bit of green in the directional weave. Maybe you should get yourself down to their Melrose store and take a look.

4. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

Two Fred Perry polos, made in England. (Navy, and White)

[​IMG]

Fun Barbour Scarf, made in Scotland and surprisingly thick.

[​IMG]

Love the Fred Perrys i gotta invest in a some myself

5. jet

jet Senior member

Just fuckin with you fok before one of your minions (sauce) jumped on my kack.

Robin nice polos, on sale? If so scoop me up some 42s, I got a black with gold crest for half off. Nothing fits better then dem polos, I need that white one.

SoCal you would have creamed at the spring jil stuf for spring I tried on.

6. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Nice pickups Robin, where'd you get them? I've been looking to stock up, wanna proxy XD

7. robin

robin Senior member

Re: Fred Perry polos. I did not get them on sale unfortunately, but they were still priced reasonably at $80. I bought them at Scott Kuhlman's store in Seattle (206-441-1999) - no idea if they do phone orders but it doesn't hurt to ask. They have a pretty good selection of the Made in England stuff available, as well as the Portugal and Asia made stuff.

8. jet

jet Senior member

Damn I got mine for 39 bucks! They are worth 78 though I'm just being cheap since I am getting them for work.

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

Re: Fred Perry polos. I did not get them on sale unfortunately, but they were still priced reasonably at $80. I bought them at Scott Kuhlman's store in Seattle (206-441-1999) - no idea if they do phone orders but it doesn't hurt to ask. They have a pretty good selection of the Made in England stuff available, as well as the Portugal and Asia made stuff.

they do phone orders

10. robin

robin Senior member

they do phone orders
    Ah, cool. If anyone orders anything, please feel free to drop my name! I give them a lot of business.

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I a found this 2 mins before the ebay auction ended, and very randomly ended up getting it. Buyers remorse... not expensive though, but im broke. Orvis WW2 style mechanic vest [​IMG] I think I had this before my inner eye: [​IMG]

12. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

I a found this 2 mins before the ebay auction ended, and very randomly ended up getting it. Buyers remorse... not expensive though, but im broke.

Orvis WW2 style mechanic vest
    [​IMG]

I think it's pretty cool looking.

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

SoCal you would have creamed at the spring jil stuf for spring I tried on.

I was in the Jil Sander store so I probably tried on the same stuff.

I'm buying the green cotton 4btn suit and the grey with blue/orange washed cotton suit and grey patent leather sandals.

14. jet

jet Senior member

Too many suits, though the grey 2 btn with light blue speckles is fresh as fuck.

I'm all about the light grey trench, pants with folded belt line, sorbet shirts and sheer jackets.

Not going to pick anything up until I see everything first. The vest with hood was pretty dope too.

15. robin

robin Senior member

Was there a navy cotton peacoat in the Jil Sander collection for S/S? I thought I saw one at Barney's today, but I can't spot anything online for it.

16. jet

jet Senior member

Ya but I saw the olive version, a lot of the pieces are cut microscopic this season.

17. robin

robin Senior member

Ya but I saw the olive version, a lot of the pieces are cut microscopic this season.
    Ah good, at least I wasn't imagining it. It looked pretty damn good and I love the heavy cotton that was used. Too bad I'm short $1500 to drop on it though. [​IMG]

18. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Just fuckin with you fok before one of your minions (sauce) jumped on my kack.

ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE FOK.

19. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I noticed a lot of the unlined cotton jackets this season were very small.

I hope they come out with the blue sheer...but, the white one could work.

Speaking of sheer. I may pick this up tomorrow at Barneys.
    [​IMG]

Orange sherbet Dries van Noten rain parka/annorak thing

20. robin

robin Senior member

Orange sherbet Dries van Noten rain parka/annorak thing
    You're not serious, are you? I can't picture that looking good on anyone. Also to add, I think Barney's Seattle has sold one or two of those already. I mean, wtf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.