1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hate? Congratulations funny not found.

And I did wear them at the same time last night pimpin [​IMG]

Pics? Unless you were in creative black tie or something, I can't really see the combination working without while gloves and a cane [​IMG] , but surprise me. I like the pieces separately though.

2. jet

jet Senior member

Same ol shit, with the lavender boo and vb cardigan. I tend to wear the same thing and slowly bring new stuff into rotation.

I went to some posh lounge in bh where I found the majority of the constituents to be wearing square toe shoes and ultra distressed ill fitting jeans. I believe Baron and GS are the sole purveyors of style in LA.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Put a wool/cashmere Jil Sander coat on pre-sale at BG. I got the 1st one with the single stripe as I feel outerwear should have slant pockets and I liked the cut and slight play on volume it had over the 2nd pic which I was debating between.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. coolhandluc

coolhandluc New Member

5. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Put a wool/cashmere Jil Sander coat on pre-sale at BG. I got the 1st one with the single stripe as I feel outerwear should have slant pockets and I liked the cut and slight play on volume it had over the 2nd pic which I was debating between.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the second one better. Probably the first one will not look good on someone with a smaller build like me. They have a similarly patterned wool jacket as in you second pic. And I was debating myself if I should get it.

6. Frittata

Frittata Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the first is nice...and the second looks great

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

There is a blazer similar to the second one that I still might pick up.
    The 1st one sealed the deal by having slant pockets and I liked that it has a bit more volume than the 2nd.

8. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Beautiful sweaters. Where did you pick them up? I've been trying to convince myself i should buy that NDG piece.

10. Souper

Souper Senior member

I can't find a stockist for the blue NDG sweater. where's your source? :p

11. LA Guy

Beautiful sweaters. Where did you pick them up? I've been trying to convince myself i should buy that NDG piece.

Brigade and Stels both had that, as did Blackbird. Not sure of current availability though.

12. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

love that boo knit....how did you find the sizing....did you get your true size ?

13. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I'm sure you know already, but that BoO sweater is on sale at Blackbird right now.

14. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

yeah, but thanks anyway...........i want to know what the sizing is like...coz im not sure if a large would work for me and thats the biggest size they have

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

i was pretty excited, i found a pair of navy blue American made chucks on Friday.

16. LA Guy

i was pretty excited, i found a pair of navy blue American made chucks on Friday.

American made Chucks are available a lot on www.lastpairs.com

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

^^^
    hmm, in the past their color choices have been rather sparse.

18. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

love that boo knit....how did you find the sizing....did you get your true size ?
    Tyler from Blackbird sent me this: "The XL tall shirt measures 21" pit-to-pit with a 28" long sleeve and the L sweater is 20" pit-to-pit with a 24" sleeve. I actually just found an XL sweater, too, which measures 21" pit-to-pit with a 24.5" sleeve." [The shirt refers to the green overdye oxford shirt--insanely undersized in the chest, as you can tell] I ended up with the sweater in an XL. I haven't tried in on yet, because I successfully floated it as a prospective Christmas present instead of buying it myself. I got the NDG sweater at Blackbird, too, with the 20% sufu discount. Fit is great after sizing up (maybe a 41" or 42" chest in an XL). I finally had to pull the trigger on both of these because the only sweaters I own are old Banana Republic leftovers from half a decade ago.

19. Chadley

Chadley Senior member

What I've picked up over the last couple of months: Burgundy Begg Scarf from Four in Hand: [​IMG] Crate September Shirt form Context: [​IMG] Filson satchel: [​IMG] Filson pants: [​IMG]

20. jet

jet Senior member

Picked up some apc brick colored suede boots with wood color sole.

Also dinner with wine at AOC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.