Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

$1,250

are you shitting me? did you really pay $1,250 for a pair of Tricker's wingtips that were relabeled Thom Browne?

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

are you shitting me? did you really pay $1,250 for a pair of Tricker's wingtips that were relabeled Thom Browne?

Let me check the receipt.

Yep.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Let me check the receipt.

Yep.

so are they worth 3 or 4 times more?

4. whacked

whacked Senior member

so are they worth 3 or 4 times more?

"Worth" is a subjective thing. Those Trickers definitely aren't 3 or 4 times better made, but if SoCal feels better wearing them, all is well, no?

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

"Worth" is a subjective thing. Those Trickers definitely aren't 3 or 4 times better made, but if SoCal feels better wearing them, all is well, no?

sure. You know what's even worse - Tricker's MTO/MTM price is below the Thom Browne price. SoCal could have just had them make the exact same, sans the Thom Browne logo and whatever that red white and blue thing is in the pictures, and they could have delivered that to him for less than he gave Mr. Browne.

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

sure. You know what's even worse - Tricker's MTO/MTM price is below the Thom Browne price. SoCal could have just had them make the exact same, sans the Thom Browne logo and whatever that red white and blue thing is in the pictures, and they could have delivered that to him for less than he gave Mr. Browne.

I could have. I could also go and have a tailor make me a suit similar to Thom Browne's look.

In both cases I prefer to go into Bergdorf Goodman or his store in Tribeca and pay the asking retail price.

I don't shop online, I don't shop on eBay, I don't buy things in the Sales Corner section. So, I appologize that you get offended in the way I choose to spend my money and the designers that I support.

I know Thom Browne has a stigma on this forum; but, if I were in there buying Oxxford, Kiton or Brioni for full retail I wonder if it would be such a beef with people here. Probably still would actually, since perhaps 1% here are those that said brands actually target their merchandise towards being able to and willing to pay the asking retail price.

But, it must be all the people buying a Brioni blazer for $799 on ebay with free shipping if BIN that keeps the luxury industry growing and not those actual clients of the stores.

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

You win at life, SoCal. My congratulations.

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

They serving Haterade up in VA tonight?

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

What's truly hilarious is that you think I give a shit enough about you to "hate." Envy is not something I'm too full of.. except in regards to those that have banged say Mariah Carey and Aishwarya Rai. I was mocking you not out of jealousy, but of pity.

Have a nice day!

And to save you the trouble: I'm poor, black, work for a living and dress like a Gap mannequin.

Toodles.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

But I'm curious...why is "overpaying" a reason that I need to be pitied?

If people want to buy shit on eBay and hunt for deals let them.

If people want to overpay at retail on off the rack clothes let them.

It's not like you see people running around here saying "Oh look at you, you street rat! You bought a $450 Turnbull & Asser shirt for $45! Dont' you know that brand is only for rich people??"

Then again, all the denim heads are feeding each other their own bullshit in thinking that any pair of jeans is actually worth more than $50 at retail with all their "stealth wealth" stuff.

11. kronik

kronik Senior member

I think this is where you misunderstand me - the fact that you have a shitton of money is GREAT for you, if it makes you happy. What's sad is that you have to get on the internet at 11PM with what seems like never-ending braggodocio. I even realize that sometimes this is a reflexive action on your part to .. people giving you a hard time. People are going to give you shit for spending 1250 on 300 dollar shoes. Such is the life of the rich. Life will go on. No need to talk about how everyone on the board is poor because someone has in some way maligned you. It just comes off as kind of sad.

I'm being ridiculously catty. NO HARD FEELINGS.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Isn't VA in the same time zone? [​IMG]

I could have told my friend to have her birthday party earlier tonight and give up on her and all her friends observing Shabbas and trying to give them plenty of time to get ready and all get to the bar on time when some are coming from Riverdale and Long Island. I'll let her know that some kid in VA thinks otherwise.

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

Knock yourself out - I'm working.

14. base1001

base1001 Member

levi's 514 for $21.19 total[​IMG]

now i will start going for nudies and japan stuff.

15. green

green Active Member

levi's 514 for $21.19 total[​IMG]

now i will start going for nudies and japan stuff.

Where'd you get them that cheap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.