1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I meant Japanese through-and-through: imported, the whole deal. I've always like that story but never liked a pair of the jeans enough to buy them. I tried the Somets on a month or so ago at BiG but they didn't have my size with the blank back pockets.

I might use the Somets as my beaters and dress up the RRL's and R&B's. Or not. Who cares.

somet's are the dressiest jeans i own.

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I bought a pair of Maharishi high tops today. The picture doesn't really do the sneakers justice. The shoes have been sprayed with a wax glaze that gives them an interesting look. [​IMG]

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Shit. I like those a lot. Where'dya cop?

4. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Shit. I like those a lot. Where'dya cop?

+1

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

If you have large feet, you can buy them directly from their website, www.emaharishi.com. Other than that, I don't know who else has them online. I bought mine at a B&M store...

6. yoyosup

yoyosup New Member

Stazy, those look great... what's the sizing like? I think I can fit the UK 11 ones. I'm usually US 12 in Nikes and 10.5 in Chucks.

7. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Stazy, those look great... what's the sizing like? I think I can fit the UK 11 ones. I'm usually US 12 in Nikes and 10.5 in Chucks.
    I think they will fit you perfectly. I'm a size 9 in Nike and these were a size 8 UK.

8. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

I have this coming in the mail but I have a feeling its gonna be too big. Its a medium, 38-40, 26.5" long. Thats all the measurements I could find on JG Glover. I hope it fits cuz I really dig the look. I wish STP had better measurements or at least sleeve lengths.
    [​IMG]

9. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

My new Black Imperial Kings.
    [​IMG]
    I had to wait 5 weeks to get them on but it was worth it.

10. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

surface 2 air cardigan in black - medium

fits awesome and the wool material is a lot lighter and form fitting than fred perry wool for some reason

does anyone know if all surface 2 air stuff runs on the smaller side?

11. xchen

xchen Senior member

I just picked up some raw (selvage?) jeans over at the Gap for $20.00. I'm getting my Nudies soon, but I want to see what kind of fading I can get out of these, wearing them as beater jeans for working in and stuff like that.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Gap has been doing raw jeans for the past year now. They're cheap on sale. The fit always looks like garbage to me and the denim never really impressed me. I mean, for $20 they're probably a good deal, but then again, it would destract me from getting wear on more worthy jeans.

13. jet

jet Senior member

mcqueen silver silk scarf with skulls
    geller trilby
    apc knit tie
    branquinho cardigan
    patrick ervell red shawl collar with toggle

14. Homme

Homme Senior member

Jil Sander unlined cotton blazer

[​IMG]

15. xchen

xchen Senior member

Gap has been doing raw jeans for the past year now. They're cheap on sale. The fit always looks like garbage to me and the denim never really impressed me. I mean, for $20 they're probably a good deal, but then again, it would destract me from getting wear on more worthy jeans.

Yeah, these are a place holder until my Nudies come tomorrow (which I'll be returning to size down). I am giving a speech on raw denim vs. washed denim in my public speaking class and wanted to have some raw jeans to wear. The fit is a straight slim, and does fit ok for the price. I still sized down to wear they fit fairly tightly, but I am planning on seeing what kind of wear I can get out of them, and possibly wearing these in situations I can't wear Nudies and APCs, such as working or cutting grass, etc.

16. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Are they the morrisons? I've got a pair, I actually kind of like them [​IMG]. I've been using them while I get the sizing right on my New Standards, it takes forever when you have to wait on shipping etc etc. I've been wearing mine for about 5 weeks and I actually think they are starting to look alright.

17. xchen

xchen Senior member

Yes, they are the Morrisons. Any idea if these are selvege denim? I've seen pics of the seams from selvege and the only differences I see on these is that the edge of the fabric is blue instead of white.

18. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

geller trilby in gray from htc
    geller trilby in black sample from geller himself

19. Osprey Guy

Osprey Guy Senior member

I'm your basic all 'round fashion nut...I love it all. But my 2 biggest "categories" are shirts, and shoes. I've always owned a ton of shoes and boots (mostly designer), but over the past couple of years I've become thoroughly addicted to boots. They're pretty much all I wear these days. Like everything else I buy, I lean heavily to high-end, aggressive, edgy stuff...boots included.

A few recent purchases:

I own about a dozen or so pair of Donald Pliner boots. I know that for a lot of guys Pliners are kinda out there, but as the saying goes..."they're right up my alley"... Here are a couple I picked up in the past month. The profile is actually rather classic, but the execution makes them "edgy":

Donald Pliner "TJ's in "Brown Antique Gator" (at a terrific price from endless.com)
    [​IMG]

I liked those so much that I decided I needed them in black, and about a week later I grabbed the "Black Cobra" version:
    [​IMG]

For me, probably the best combo is when they take something that's relatively classic and then give it a little "twist"... And I especially have a thing for boots that have been outfitted with some interesting "hardware". So when I spotted the following pair of Varvatos boots, I pretty much thought I'd died and gone to heaven. They look incredible with a pair of boot jeans with the hem hitting just above the "bit"...

[​IMG]

Another pair by Varvatos. They're actually a lighter brown than the pic suggests. The "bump toe" is really pronounced....maybe too much for some. But I like them a lot. They really get noticed. This is my third pair of Varvatos boots...and I couldn't be happier with all of them.

[​IMG]

And below is my most recent boot acquisition...and it was a surprising one (for me). A pair of Ferragamo's. Normally I consider their stuff a little too conservative.... I thought that was the case with these until I tried them on.

You probably wouldn't guess from the pics, but once on your feet, these are surprisingly edgy-looking...downright hip. It's not until you put them on that you discover that the toe box is more extended than you might think. And the narrow sides makes it look all the more elongated. And what really came as a big surprise....they look seriously cool with jeans! They make me feel a little bit like I'm wearing Beatle Boots (too lazy to take my own photos...I got these shots off of an e-bay auction):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dennis

20. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I just picked up some raw (selvage?) jeans over at the Gap for $20.00. I'm getting my Nudies soon, but I want to see what kind of fading I can get out of these, wearing them as beater jeans for working in and stuff like that.

idk how the fading will be on these, but the morrisons are very nicely cut for $20 on sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.