• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases - Quality and Price?

jz687

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently - aside from a Hugo Boss Black Jam/Sharp Suit in black - I purchased some items from around town. I was just wondering if I could have your opinions as to the price to quality ratio for these purchases. (I'm still new to this category of shopping and curious to hear any critique on the choices I have been making)...Prices are not including taxes.

1) Hugo Boss "Apperol" Shoes - Purchased at Ogilvy's - $198

8835-868856-p.jpg

2) Hugo Boss Dress Shirt - Purchased at Holt Renfrew - $66

P1070653.jpg

3) John Varvatos Tie - Purchased at Holt Renfrew - $45

Attachment 26256

Note:Except for #3 these are not my own pictures, I found them on the internet.

Crosstalker

Reaction score
I picked up several Hugo Boss shirts for around $59 each at Nordstrom last week. Never pay full price for one, but they're not bad shirts.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hugo Boss is a dirty word here on SF. I think you did ok on the shirt though. I have a couple of their shirts, as well as a suit, and I am satisfied.

Mike

Crosstalker

Reaction score
I really do like their shirts for $59 or whatever, but I have absolutely no idea what their shoes are like. I don't like the style, but that's beside the point of your post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads