• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of jewelry, I bought my first piece today from the SelfEdge sale. Down the rabbit hole I go.

The Wire Depth Bracelet is made with straight and twisted wires. The twisted wire is first two strands of wire that are clamped in a vise. With a pair of pliers, the silversmith grasps the other ends of the round wires and expertly twists them slowly to create a rope look (far more difficult than it sounds). Then the pieces of twisted wire are laid next to pieces of square wire (all sterling) and they are soldered together with silver solder. The ends are cut off even, filed down and end pieces are soldered on. Not many silversmiths can get this look down this clean as VanDever.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What year is it?
A2.jpg

Sordid history aside this came in the mail today and gave me some lovely deja vu. I've owned a couple TOJ pieces in Lamb and Calfskin, but parted with them all years ago. Received this in trade for something I rarely wore, aka perfect scenario.

I put this on and was teleported back to my first days on SF dogging @Synthese posts and getting cool stuff in the mail that blew my hair back (when you go from mall shopping to scouring Yahoo Japan for Cloak pieces things start to get more rewarding).

This jacket isn't particularly up my alley in any way, but now its mine and it smashes this weird nostalgia button in brain.

Trit

Reaction score

It's not actually that easy to find a cool linen sun jacket. But through the power of Yoox, there you go.

havensk

Reaction score

Received this GS/TP watch for my birthday. I've been eyeing these for a while from William at Tender Co.

These watches are designed to look like the government-issued British watches from the 30's and 40's. They are custom-milled in Tokyo, housing movements made in Japan by Miyota and Seiko-Epson for the automatic models, according to the website.

This particular model is based off 1930's Rolex cocktail watches and features one large screw down crown. At 28mm and an 18mm band it wears pretty small but I really like how it won't be mistaken for any other watch out there.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't like the gold/green combo?

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost got this one a long time ago! Good purchase. Wearing bracelets is fun

Good to know at least a single piece of my wardrobe is g transistor approved™.

And now that I have it on-hand, it's great. I don't think I'm ever gonna need more than this one piece, but I'll be happy I have it.

For my other wrist, I got a different piece of bling:
g-shock-GMW-B5000D-1__23605.1522078573.jpg

which brings me to three GMWs - black all-metal, chrome all-metal and chrome on rubber (which has a reverse LCD screen).

Them and my one other g-square are now the only watches I wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads