• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Budz

Reaction score
And they're both well-priced!

TAD's Primer henleys fit me perfectly (they have a really nice athletic cut on all their lighter knits), and the thick waffle knit gives it a pretty tough vibe without going over the top. This is my third Primer...I've already got one in white and olive, and while that one looks totally black in the picture it's actually a pretty dark brown in person. $70

Foehn's Brise are probably my most-worn pants since I got my first pair. (Those were in black, this olive pair is #2) Super light with a pretty aggressive taper starting at the knee and some space up top...they're meant as climbing pants, but I've been wearing em casually. And they've got elastic on the bottom cuffs and at the waist, which means they're ridiculously comfortable. When I wear sneakers instead of boots, it's usually with these. The stitching could be a little bit better...I did have one stitch pop on me on my black pair (not enough that there was actually a failure - it was a spot in the seat where it was double-stitched, and two stitches on one of the two lines popped), but overall they're solid, and most days when I don't want to think about what to wear I end up throwing these on. $130

Do you have their Nelson pants? What do you think of those?

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who, me? Sorry for liking the things I like. I mention the price primarily because I spent most of 2018 buying unsatisfying, overpriced high-fashion crap (most of which I sold by the end of the year), and I’ve been really enjoying buying stuff that isn’t $200+ a pop in 2019.

@Best Budz I do. They’re solid. I got them almost entirely for function and they’re a decent substitute for Carhartts. The cut is a nice take on “workwear” (pretty generous, but with more taper than most true workwear brands), and the fabric is 75% of the weight of a duck canvas but the stretch makes it a lot easier to wear. I doubt I’ll be wearing these much casually, but they’ll be great shop/work/occasional hike pants.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're paying a bit for MIUSA and a bit for overbuilt construction with Triple Aught. Their stuff reminds me a bit of old Wings & Horns, where everything is like triple-stitched everywhere whether it needs to be or not. I've been trying tons of different henleys over the past 12-18 months, and these and Kitsbow's (even more expensive) Escalator are my current favorites. I wear them a lot during the spring & fall, so I'm willing to pay a bit more.

I've got a few of their Huntsman Henleys, too, which are a merino/elastane blend. (Primers are poly/merino) But those are a bit more practical and a bit less for looks.

lightbox.jpg

Funny I’ve been looking at w+h Henley’s recently, didn’t think of TAD cuz they rarely come to mind. I’ll need to drop by a store.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W+H makes nice henleys, but (1) I always like their fabrics a bit less in person than I do in product shots and (2) their stuff is cut for really skinny guys.

But they look good on people who can make the fit work.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who, me? Sorry for liking the things I like. I mention the price primarily because I spent most of 2018 buying unsatisfying, overpriced high-fashion crap (most of which I sold by the end of the year), and I’ve been really enjoying buying stuff that isn’t $200+ a pop in 2019.

Not you, there was an advanced spambot posting just after you that told us how nothing's as good as 'jeans denim' but it got axed pretty fast.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
W+H makes nice henleys, but (1) I always like their fabrics a bit less in person than I do in product shots and (2) their stuff is cut for really skinny guys.

I agree pics look better than reality. I am on the slim side, can’t say I am skinny and prefer to avoid items that I cannot move in. W+h seems to shrink down after some washes which sucks.

I need to try TAD and Escalator. at least tad is in SF so I can pop in to try things on.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ive been really happy with their old school sweatshirt blazer, the really super-thick one they used to make every year. Looks great and has stood up to years of abuse. Same with their boring chinos, which age well. Other stuff, I’ve avoided, as it did seem very slim based on measurements.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ive been really happy with their old school sweatshirt blazer, the really super-thick one they used to make every year. Looks great and has stood up to years of abuse. Same with their boring chinos, which age well. Other stuff, I’ve avoided, as it did seem very slim based on measurements.
W&H Westpoint Chinos are still my favorite at that retail price point and I have tried many brands.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
old wh thermals from 06 were really good

jm22

Reaction score
Are the w+h bush pants not made anymore? It seems they’re not as easy to find these days. Any decent alternatives with a little more room in the thighs? (the westpoint chinos fit me well in the top block but were pretty slim in the thighs and I don't have thick thighs)

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think their BDU pants are what they're selling these days instead?

There was a really cool cordura version last season that I almost bit on. Based on some product shots it looks like they've got some space in the thighs.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A more appropriate question would be zipper or no zipper.

Sorry for the late reply dude. No zipper. I just use the snaps on mine. How can you not I mean with those sturdy little leather reinforcements it makes snapping and unsnapping my vest a nice little charm

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
w+h is cut way too damn skinny. i've got a cabin fleece robe though that I love, it's not skinny, i like robes with a hood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads