• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it from saks and huh you’re correct I don’t see it for sale anymore. I don’t know why TF keeps discontinuing my favorite private scents. I bought up all the Italian Cypress I could when they discontinued that haha.TO is one of my favorites with Tobacco Vanille being by all time #1. Ebene Fume for example seemed liked TO’s little brother almost the same but without the tobacco hit

Makes sense, I'll keep an eye out for it. I got ebene Fume recently, and I love it. Need to try To as well.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Makes sense, I'll keep an eye out for it. I got ebene Fume recently, and I love it. Need to try To as well.

Oh you haven’t tried it yet? I’m smelling Ebene right now and it really is just a more toned down version of TO. Fair warning it’s one of those fragrances with no middle ground either people love it or they ask what skunk I rubbed on myself haha. My advice is try it out via perfumed court firsthttps://www.theperfumedcourt.com/Products/Tom-Ford-Tobacco-Oud---Private-Line---Oud-Series__TFTOBACCOOUD.aspx

This is where I got my Ebene sample

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh you haven’t tried it yet? I’m smelling Ebene right now and it really is just a more toned down version of TO. Fair warning it’s one of those fragrances with no middle ground either people love it or they ask what skunk I rubbed on myself haha. My advice is try it out via perfumed court firsthttps://www.theperfumedcourt.com/Products/Tom-Ford-Tobacco-Oud---Private-Line---Oud-Series__TFTOBACCOOUD.aspx

This is where I got my Ebene sample

I think I'll give it a shot, thanks. I've been chasing a variety of smokey scents, currently have these from the tobacco family: LL tabac, Coqui & coqui tabaco, tf ebene fume, and ds&d burning barbershop

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I think I'll give it a shot, thanks. I've been chasing a variety of smokey scents, currently have these from the tobacco family: LL tabac, Coqui & coqui tabaco, tf ebene fume, and ds&d burning barbershop

You don’t have Tobacco Vanille??? Man that’s top top top #1 for me. My most complimented scent followed closely by Aventus

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t have Tobacco Vanille??? Man that’s top top top #1 for me. My most complimented scent followed closely by Aventus

I've sampled it before, I think it reads a bit more sweet than what I want atm. I'm hoping TO cuts down on the vanilla and pumps up the smoke. Gonna order samples of aventus, GIT, and TO. Anything else I should try?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I've sampled it before, I think it reads a bit more sweet than what I want atm. I'm hoping TO cuts down on the vanilla and pumps up the smoke. Gonna order samples of aventus, GIT, and TO. Anything else I should try?

Yes the dry down is very much vanilla. That’s the beauty of the perfumed court you can try a lot of scents easily haha. Well I’ll give you my favorites (my 10 I have on hand always)

1. Tobacco Vanille
2. Virgin Island Water/ 2a. Margiela Untitled
3. Italian Cypress (try this one)
4.Tuscan Leather (try this one)
5. Aventus
6. Tobacco Oud
7. Oud Wood
8. Neroli Portofino Forte
9. Windsor
10. Noir de Noir (try this, but it’s a chocolate like smell)

The majority are lighter summer scents since that I wear on the daily but the heavy hitters are def Tuscan Leather, Italian Cypress, Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud. Tom Fords original Private Blend scents are the GOATs in my opinion

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford is a legend. I haven't had the time or money to get into his eponymous scents but loved his work at Gucci and YSL. I still have a bottle of Envy and M7

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the dry down is very much vanilla. That’s the beauty of the perfumed court you can try a lot of scents easily haha. Well I’ll give you my favorites (my 10 I have on hand always)

1. Tobacco Vanille
2. Virgin Island Water/ 2a. Margiela Untitled
3. Italian Cypress (try this one)
4.Tuscan Leather (try this one)
5. Aventus
6. Tobacco Vanille
7. Oud Wood
8. Neroli Portofino Forte
9. Windsor
10. Noir de Noir (try this, but it’s a chocolate like smell)

The majority are lighter summer scents since that I wear on the daily but the heavy hitters are def Tuscan Leather, Italian Cypress, Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud. Tom Fords original Private Blend scents are the GOATs in my opinion

Ah what a great list, I'll add your recs. Here are my top 10 at the moment, although I have many more:

1. TF oud wood
2. terre d'hermes
3. LL patchouli
4. DS&D burning barbershop
5. LL tabac
6. DS&D freetrapper
7. DS&D st vetyver
8. TF azure lime
9. DS&D italian citus
10. TF ebene fume

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything else I should try?
I love Oud Wood, and Tobacco Vanille and have them both.
If I could only keep one TF though, it'b original Tuscan Leather, not the Intense.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF hype kicks circa 2000s

PXL_20220811_235927483.MP.jpg
PXL_20220812_000956106.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads