• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9780415567886.jpg

I am really eagerly awaiting the next time a Bourdieu discussion sparks here on Styleforum, this time I will be so ready
All I know is that it's a region, not a grape...

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a chance on this bad boy from RRL on Marrkt today. Could be awesome, but could also be a disaster. What's the SF bet?

MKT-0821-WWD-07Front_2050x.jpg
MKT-0821-WWD-07Back_2050x.jpg

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30th birthday gift to myself! Really trying to not get sucked into watches like I did with clothes so hopefully this is a one and done :)
View attachment 1655934

Nice one. The good thing is you bought something that is genuinely a ‘go anywhere, do anything’ watch. If you want to keep it to one, you couldn’t have done much better.

hobojones

Reaction score
Nice! 2021 novelty? Retail? These are so hard to find currently in NYC.
Lol tell me about it. I’m actually the second owner and I paid a touch over retail which I think is fair given the current demand for rolexes. I went to/ called a bunch of the local dealers in LA and basically struck out too. I have a very slim chance with one for a no date sub but no guarantees so I figured I’d get the explorer now and if I ever get the call for the sub I’ll compare and let one go.

Bryce C

Reaction score
I was about to say good pick up to start relationship with AD
Sports models are a pipedream to start a relationship in 2021…maybe 36mm Datejust in steel. I can’t even order a two tone Wimbledon Datejust now. 41mm is just as hot as sports models, or so I’m told.

hobojones

Reaction score
Yeah, a relationship would be good if I wanted to get into watches but I really don’t lol. The experience with going to local AD’s has rubbed me the wrong way. I tried on dozens of other watches from other brands but nothing moved me. I’m really happy with the explorer though, it ticks all the boxes for me. Anyway, I know there’s a watch thread over on CM but I also know that they don’t really care for rolexes, which is fair.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a relationship would be good if I wanted to get into watches but I really don’t lol. The experience with going to local AD’s has rubbed me the wrong way. I tried on dozens of other watches from other brands but nothing moved me. I’m really happy with the explorer though, it ticks all the boxes for me. Anyway, I know there’s a watch thread over on CM but I also know that they don’t really care for rolexes, which is fair.

Eh, that’s not really true. There are a lot of Rolex owners in that thread (me included). There are always going to be vocal Rolex critics.

that said, if you really don’t want to get into watches then I’d stay away :)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sports models are a pipedream to start a relationship in 2021…maybe 36mm Datejust in steel. I can’t even order a two tone Wimbledon Datejust now. 41mm is just as hot as sports models, or so I’m told.

the AD game is annoying. I wish I had a relationship but I don’t so I bought my sub and gmt grey. Both are up price wise so it is what it is but if one doesn’t wanna play the game of buy something you don’t need to maybe get what you want then you pay the gray price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads