• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still wear EG tiger fleece hoody, Nudies, and Redwing Beckmans when working on the house ?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tiger fleece might be the earliest Stylefarmer kop that I still have.

verver

Reaction score
I still have my spruce black hoodie. Nom de guerre was so coveted back then.

@Komuga, think also better to post the interesting pieces u recently bought, and not post every single the same t shirt or Henley in slightly different shades of oatmeal.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I ebay that stuff to see things people would have killed for end unsold for $25. Band of Outsiders, anyone?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tiger fleece might be the earliest Stylefarmer kop that I still have.

Had to donate my tiger fleece, lasted 13 years which is absurd. Zipper broke and didnt want to mess with a replacement since failure was related to the tape. Hoodie itself was fine, wore it at home all the time.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** man you should have been here circa 2010-2012. When I was a newbie this place was a lot wilder and let’s see not as politically correct as it is today....or as nice but hey it was all good fun. All of my posts were just basically all you buy basic Margiela....and I just kept at it haha

I’d def wear those boots you posted btw
I wanted a western styled boot with a Cuban heel, so I think this fits what I was looking for.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I wanted a western styled boot with a Cuban heel, so I think this fits what I was looking for.

Those are very nice. Very similar to a pair I’ve been eyeing from RRL. Really like they are made in USA

1614483696339.jpeg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes the RAF/Nom de Guerre/W+H phase. To be fair those were THE brands back in the day haha. I member when everyone was wearing bush pants and that W+H hoodie. Or those Lanvin highs...man you don’t even see Lanvin mentioned here anymore

I still love my Lanvins lows that I got back in 2007/2008, but I think the last pair of Lanvins I got were in 2013. The soles and outers are on Lanvins seem to last forever. Meanwhile I've gone through something like 8 pairs of MMM GATS during that same time period with approximately the same wear.

I'd probably still be wearing all my BoO if it wasn't for my weight gain. Was pretty excited to meet a co-worker who seemed to wear a BoO shirt daily in 2019. Was easy to call out due to the back seam.

I wonder if the clothes I look appear super dated to others, cause I still think most of the stuff I bought from my early days at SF are still some of my favorite pieces.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t you already own a bunch of margielas and saint laurent with a similar style ?
Also can’t imagine you wearing rrl lol

How can you not imagine him wearing RRL but also say the boots are very similar to things he already has.

That statement doesn't make sense. If you meant RRL as a whole look that still doesn't make sense because he can definitely pull off rrl. Regis is a tan in shape dude, there's very little that combo can't pull off. Secondly you can buy items and wear them in your own style lexicon. I have guidi boots that I wear with Schneider in a very non dark ware style.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you not imagine him wearing RRL but also say the boots are very similar to things he already has.

That statement doesn't make sense. If you meant RRL as a whole look that still doesn't make sense because he can definitely pull off rrl. Regis is a tan in shape dude, there's very little that combo can't pull off. Secondly you can buy items and wear them in your own style lexicon. I have guidi boots that I wear with Schneider in a very non dark ware style.

cus it’s not a luxe brand like margiela/Tom Ford ?

obviously he could pull anything off. He’s a good looking dude, I just meant typically I didn’t think he wore rrl

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cus it’s not a luxe brand like margiela/Tom Ford ?

obviously he could pull anything off. He’s a good looking dude, I just meant typically I didn’t think he wore rrl

Man RRL is def luxe!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads