• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1614358995432.png

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
That’s funny. Got a good laugh. Nah, just branching out and trying to complete a legit wardrobe that I’m proud of. A few members on this site buy way way more than I do, but no one gives them ****. I’m looking at you newcomer, regis, trayco >.>

1614362920076.gif

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that I made rookie mistakes before when not cropping out prices, it wasn’t to “flex”, I just screenshotted what I bought then posted here. I thought the point of the thread was recent purchases... it also feels a bit like Reddit when people go through your post history and mention **** you said or talked about in past posts to use to meme/make fun of you @troika . Isn’t this a forum for people that have shopping addictions? Lol... maybe this thread is for people that only purchase 1 item / blue moon, because that’s the “cool” thing to do? Also @steveoffice 90% of everyone here posts screenshots, I’m not dumb enough to post screenshots of clothes if I were to have a website, I would be as detailed, customer oriented, and meticulous as possible — full measurements, pictures of all angles, styling with models measurements and the sizes model wears, etc...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It strikes me that you're taking this a bit too seriously. There might be all kinds of explanations for that, none of which are my business. But you might want to consider some advice from a decrepit old person like me that responding in an unnecessarily defensive way turns what was just a harmless joke soon forgotten, into a whole wierd situation...

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s funny. Got a good laugh. Nah, just branching out and trying to complete a legit wardrobe that I’m proud of. A few members on this site buy way way more than I do, but no one gives them ****. I’m looking at you newcomer, regis, trayco >.>
I think these are mostly good purchases—especially the NMWA stuff—although I’m not entirely sold on the Yuketens. That said, I can imagine ways in which those could be much nicer in person, or may simply not be exactly to my taste, but Yuketen makes good stuff regardless.

Wanted to echo the above about not taking any of this **** too seriously. But also want to strongly caution against the ”complete wardrobe” fallacy. As someone prone to similar impulses, trust me when I say that way madness (and penury) lies.

MeatFish

Reaction score

the yuk boots are cool, and I’d imagine they’d go well with a lot of the stuff you’ve got.
My only thing about large hauls is that it’s usually best taking some time settling into a look, and gradually finding out what you like in reality vs product shots, instead of over purchasing a look/wardrobe that doesn’t pan out

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Complete wardrobes are cool, no wrong way to do it. I personally like it when folks have a defined sense of style. Like how fuuma has very strong opinions about loafers. Thats the **** im here for.
I used to be super specific and only wore EG, but I think that limits things. I think it would be weird to wear EG 1 day then Rick Owens the next, but I think EG and Schneider can fit into an overall aesthetic... what do you think?

@zenosparadox i guess I take it too seriously, because I use to get roasted on hypebeast forum when I was in high school lmao. They ended up doxxing me and finding photos of my mom and posting a thread about her and made drawings and **** of us. It was pretty cancer...

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be super specific and only wore EG, but I think that limits things. I think it would be weird to wear EG 1 day then Rick Owens the next, but I think EG and Schneider can fit into an overall aesthetic... what do you think?

@zenosparadox i guess I take it too seriously, because I use to get roasted on hypebeast forum when I was in high school lmao. They ended up doxxing me and finding photos of my mom and posting a thread about her and made drawings and **** of us. It was pretty cancer...
****, man, I'm so sorry. And I definitely get how that kind of experience can make someone sensitive to what I hope is light ribbing. Many people are assholes, of course, but I do think most people here (or at least most people that frequent some of the threads here) are pretty decent. That said, the internet always promotes a certain degree of insensitivity, whether intended or otherwise, so even the decent people here may occasionally post something that comes across as a bit hurtful. Best to try to distance yourself from the content of those posts--they don't really know you, so what they've written can't presume to address you--and move on without allowing those posts to elicit more pain than they're worth. Or, alternatively, if the post is on the line, just assume that the poster meant well. @troika, for instance, always seems like a decent guy--his fit pics are fun!--so I'd assume he means well when he posts.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_pnkpbjoLtr1qfex1b_540.jpg

Gonna give the green seersucker a try for warm weather casual suiting/separates.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_pnkpbjoLtr1qfex1b_540.jpg

Gonna give the green seersucker a try for warm weather casual suiting/separates.

I am not sure about it as separates, but that might be because I am so firmly on board with casual summer suits. A couple years ago NMWA did a Formosa in a slightly more pale cotton, and I enjoy it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads