• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1613083594521-png.1553823

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Grandpa's HBT shirt came from my uncle, quite happy with it, and the fact it's not dry rotted.
It seems to have a fair bit of repairs and alterations, along with stains and paint. Th sunfading is also immaculate. Served him well from Okinawa too NYC, hoping I can wear it for years too come as well :D
IMG_20210220_144207412_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210220_144304481_HDR.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These were shipped just View attachment 1559383 yesterday. Waiting to wear them with my favorite jeans.

Hi there, welcome to styleforum. Can you please give a little bit of context to these shoes and to yourself? Would love to learn more

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, welcome to styleforum. Can you please give a little bit of context to these shoes and to yourself? Would love to learn more

Picture looks awkward and doesn't make the boots look very good to my eye*, but according to some searching, these are some custom boots from Frank's, a company formed by former employees of Nick's Boots (who are an affiliate here).

*Hopefully the OP can tell us more.

eafiii

Reaction score
Hello and thank you. I am newly semi-retired and starting to replace my suits.and wingtips with more fun clothing like barn-coats, canvas work wear, denim and boots. The boots in the photo are a custom MTO from Frank's boots in Spokane Washington. I have very flat, wide feet with a pronounced instep and my semi-retirement has me on my feet for 8 hours stretches on a concrete floor at a paint store. I needed something solid as a rock with support in the arch and a heel to shift weight to my forefoot and off my heels. I already had some traditional 8" and 6' workboots, so Frank made me these. It took some time in production, but I think it will be worth it.

4" boots with a padded collar
Black over chocolate boot leather
Cap-toes
Double stitch down
Green stitching on the uppers
Double midsoles
Honey Vibram soles with brass sole screws

eafiii

Reaction score
Picture looks awkward and doesn't make the boots look very good to my eye*, but according to some searching, these are some custom boots from Frank's, a company formed by former employees of Nick's Boots (who are an affiliate here).

*Hopefully the OP can tell us more.

Well, they look good to my eye, but thanks. Now I know how much time to spend here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads