• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1507966
@dieworkwear turns out this parka is half price ($215) when proxying directly from Frizmworks. They are going to offer shipping to the US soon, but the proxy fees were low. So, I couldn’t resist.

45BA1C24-D32E-4A19-837B-080E6C979B8F.jpeg

Well, the Frizmworks Kara Koram parka arrived today, and it’s outstanding in every aspect. If you handed it to me and told me it was by Nigel Cabourn, I’d totally believe you (only, it would cost 5x as much). The build quality is superb, as are the fabrics and trims. It’s a wonderful vintage faded orange- not bright at all. For reference, I am 6’2”, 165lbs, and a medium fits great with room to spare over a medium knit. Body and sleeve length are plentiful, but not too much.

Makes me want to pay more attention to Korean designers. KoreanBuddy is an excellent proxy.

Last edited:

aamukherjee

Reaction score
View attachment 1512104

Well, the Frizmworks Kara Koram parka arrived today, and it’s outstanding in every aspect. If you handed it to me and told me it was by Nigel Cabourn, I’d totally believe you (only, it would cost 5x as much). The build quality is superb, as are the fabrics and trims. It’s a wonderful vintage faded orange- not bright at all. For reference, I am 6’2”, 165lbs, and a medium fits great with room to spare over a medium knit. Body and sleeve length are plentiful, but not too much.

Makes me want to pay more attention to Korean designers. KoreanBuddy is an excellent proxy.

The jacket looks awesome - had a chance to try one out while in Seoul last Christmas and was pretty dang good. I'd recommend also checking out some of Eastlogue's stuff.

Does KoreanBuddy allow you to mark down the price of the package?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see more of their stuff in person. Dunno about marking down the value, but I’ve never paid any duties with DHL. Plus, that could mess with insurance.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a balmacaan that looks similar to KS traveler at fraction of price. Bummed they don’t make S or I would give that a try.

Alexidb

Reaction score
Nigel Cabourn's got a sale going on some bits and bobs. Just picked these up in Stone (off-white). only picture I could find of someone wearing them is in the grey colour.

NC_NCOS-AW20-p-58-Stone_720x.jpg
nigel-cabourn-aw20-phase1-2_030-web.jpg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely caught the Visvim bug. :D

Visvim Six-Five
L8u2ifH.jpg

Visvim Grizzly
gARhF7R.jpg

Visvim Americana Deck
SwHQFpc.jpg

Boncoura Flannel
Definitely recommend Boncoura's pieces if you can find them; I've got two flannels and their deck jacket. Alpha Shadows was the only non-JP stockist I think at one point. The weight and feel of the flannel fabric is really nice.
U8JaSdy.jpg

Mlk0g7b.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To echo @zissou 's comments about the Frizmworks parka: I got mine in olive and it's solid and very much worth the price I paid and then some. I took a size medium - 5 ft 10 ~ 157lbs. Also arrived in less than 2 weeks (didn't get a chance to open for a few days), including the shipping within Korea from the retailer to proxy. Koreanbuddy also provides photos of the items before they ship as a double check. Very solid service, better than the Japanese proxies that we all use. You also get invoiced accurately rather than funding an account with an estimated total and then paying from that deposit etc. I added a pair of off-white cord pants and the lounge shorts to my order. Both great values from what I can tell.

Last edited:

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To echo @zissou 's comments about the Frizmworks parka: I got mine in olive and it's solid and very much worth the price I paid and then some. I took a size medium. Also arrived in less than 2 weeks (didn't get a chance to open for a few days), including the shipping within Korea from the retailer to proxy. Koreanbuddy also provides photos of the items before they ship as a double check. Very solid service, better than the Japanese proxies that we all use. You also get invoiced accurately rather than funding an account with an estimated total and then paying from that deposit etc. I added a pair of off-white cord pants and the lounge shorts to my order. Both great values from what I can tell.
Interesting — thinking of giving the traveler-like bal a try at that price. Why the difference in cost between the frizm version versus KS? Types of materials used? Labor? @dieworkwear

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure - I imagine there are details that are different like materials that you mentioned. At first glance pocket proportions are better on the KS. Hard to tell pattern details/fit without handling both.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads