• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
View attachment 1396148
View attachment 1396151
these arrived today. Didn’t know it was a colllab w hopper? Just listed as “the pepper” everywhere. Perhaps resident jmm expert @RegisDB9 can shed light. Still waiting for the Fitzgerald to arrive for eyeglasses frame (worried will be too narrow based on these)

Yeap they have a bunch of them
including the 1962’s, Taos etc. I’ve found their collabs to be low key awesome

Last edited:

gardenvariety

Reaction score
I wanted some non-sneaker summer shoes since I don't really have any. Tried some snuff suede Alden LHS (in 3 different sizes), but they didn't fit my feet well enough to justify the price.

Picked up some Oak Street Bootmakers trail mocs in their memorial day sale and I'm excited to break them in!

I haven't owned OSB before, and don't like the style of their boot offerings but I've had my eye on these shoes for a year or two and am happy I decided to try them out.

At the moment (possibly due to covid?) mid-range brands like this, as well as some aspects of Americana, are looking good again.

QC-wise there's a couple stitches misaligned on one of the toes, but idgaf, actually kind of enjoy the imperfection and am happy to keep them.

IMG_0507.JPG

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep - DBF. I would've liked bigger buttons too but tbh i rarely button overshirts, maybe the 2nd from top once in a while.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how substantial the linen on that jacket is. Is it wispy or does it have substance/structure? It’s not a bad piece — a bit simple.

I think the buttons would bother me. I prefer larger buttons for outerwear, not shirt buttons.
It's been highly recommended by dudes in the NMWA thread and I've been umming and ahhing on the navy one.
Paprika's real beaut though

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Fellini's back from being altered. Took some pics along with the other two pairs I bought recently.

Jax in Havana 3
Fellini in Dark Havana - Really pleased with these, been waiting for about 2 months!
Seberg in Shade of Pale

This is along with with my Jules in Noir. Got my eye on some Dealan's and Fontana's next.

ePH9f7H.jpg

CYRLMYt.jpg

es3t8r8.jpg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margiela 05SS 5 Zip
il_794xN.2331952916_bt23.jpg

I've wanted one of these with the original chunky zippers for nearly as long as I've been a poster here. Held back by price, and I didn't want black or brown calf. The suede options were contenders. Red was a possibility, but that said I'm not sure I've ever seen a fit I loved with a leather that color. White was the favorite, but I had only ever seen the MRS zip version pop up once or twice before. Anytime I saw an appealing option it would wind up being the women's version, or a size 44, or have some unique stain that would wind up driving me crazy. This is my size, a great deal, and without any notable damage. Don't wanna jinx it, but I think this might wind up being pickup of the year for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads