• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mariner knit super underrated amidst the other kops.

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice looking glasses...I just put in an order for a pair of Nokonas.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Speaking of Nokona...

Ive been needing a new glove for ages, I don’t know how many ball players there are here, but apparently these are the best and made in USA. I’m coming from an A2000

478EA3A6-214E-4818-BDC5-D2912D2AAD72.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Ok bud seriously how many JMM pairs do you have now and are they all sunglasses or prescription?

8, all sunnies....about to be 9 cause I need the Fellini in Rover now....was gonna go with a Fitzgerald in Duo but damn the Fellini is just ace

Jonas251

Reaction score
Speaking of Nokona...

Ive been needing a new glove for ages, I don’t know how many ball players there are here, but apparently these are the best and made in USA. I’m coming from an A2000

View attachment 1391913

A2000 is a great glove imo. Always liked Wilson or Rawlings. Haven’t checked any out in a few years but the Rawlings heart of hide and pro preferred always had great leather and I thought of as top of the line. Also, to anyone out there, when breaking in, do not use oil. Put a ball in the glove and tie with rubber band and just spend 15 minutes a day for a week throwing the ball into the glove.

verver

Reaction score
8, all sunnies....about to be 9 cause I need the Fellini in Rover now....was gonna go with a Fitzgerald in Duo but damn the Fellini is just ace
I just ordered the Fitzgerald in tortoise, but for eyeglasses frames. I got the pepper for sunglasses. Unlike most, i need wide dimensions due to my big heed.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Nokona...

View attachment 1391913

Is Nokona the kangaroo leather glove? If so, I remember them being really nice, but getting loose and floppy really fast (note, I'm talking about the ones I handled 20+ years ago, so take that comment for what it's worth).

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
A2000 is a great glove imo. Always liked Wilson or Rawlings. Haven’t checked any out in a few years but the Rawlings heart of hide and pro preferred always had great leather and I thought of as top of the line. Also, to anyone out there, when breaking in, do not use oil. Put a ball in the glove and tie with rubber band and just spend 15 minutes a day for a week throwing the ball into the glove.

Why don't gloves come pre worked in?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't gloves come pre worked in?

It's a VERY personal process. Done correctly, you have a glove that fits your hand almost like bespoke. Everyone (literally, almost everyone) has their own method for breaking them in. NY Times (I think) had a cool article a year or so ago about the NY Mets glove break-in methods.

Oil, boiling water, shaving cream, baking in the oven, running over them with cars, sticking them under mattresses...all viable.

Edit to add link: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/sports/baseball/gloves-mitts-mlb.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads