• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

verver

Reaction score
Yes, that’s why I bought it. Haven’t received it, but had immediate buyer’s remorse, not sure why. Think having trouble w the satin...

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the satin looks terrible

New HL is like Zara x HL

Phrost

Reaction score
Yes, that’s why I bought it. Haven’t received it, but had immediate buyer’s remorse, not sure why. Think having trouble w the satin...
Yeah the satin can be too flashy. It’s not a big deal if you can return it. If you want to style like OG Helmut Lang, you can pair it with slim dark trousers, dark denim, or slim military style pants in olive/tan. Navy, dark browns, and fall colors look good with black.
Yeah the satin looks terrible

New HL is like Zara x HL
I just took a look at their FW19 & SS20 runway pictures and it looks pretty damn solid to me. Lots of nods to OG HL. It does suck that they probably have a hurdle to jump to win over older customers who were dedicated fans of the original designer. I wonder if they can rebrand themselves to be like a Margiela.

IMO OG HL had some really covetable shoes and accessories. Maybe they can separate themselves in this crowded landscape by bringing back some iconic accessories and designing new stuff.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree and I'm not even a huge fan of og

flowcharts

Reaction score
View attachment 1338243

Close your eyes and tell me what year this was made.

View attachment 1338244

There was a great clutching of pearls upon its release, but the prose is oddly comforting, like a weighted blanket. An old standby.

View attachment 1338248

J. Crew

replica 1989 cotton roll neck sweater

View attachment 1338242

Soviet Russia nuclear panic sunglasses, glass in plastic

View attachment 1338249
NOS selvedge wool (!) E1 pants by Engineered Garments. Feels like a cloud’s dream of cashmere. Just oddly nice, and an e-thrift to boot.

I hate how much I like that rollneck

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed one of those roll necks. Disappointed in myself for buying jcrew stuff in 2020.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, we are all going to die someday. That’s a 1:1 copy of a sweater I gave to a girl in the summer camp rec room, hoping for a dance. Wear a black turtleneck underneath it and pretend you’re Martin Gore. Crank up the Walkman and let the Drakkar curl from your neck like steam. Who cares.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Er, the Styleforum community bandanas from @shopcanoeclub , and also, these MIP-22s, currently in the shop getting topied:

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my mind, if something is nice it's nice, regardless of what brand is on it. If you have to flash the brand for people to think it's good it's likely that you just paid too much to tell people you can afford to waste your money.

Kind of an odd comment considering you're on a forum that promotes expensive brands. I mean, there might be some people that show off a brand but i'd guess that the majority of people aren't looking for that sort of validation.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Damn the Beauregards became my favorite Frames overnight

61F2A598-3E32-4BFB-9BB4-A005EEFCFA77.jpeg

Also exchanged my Montanas for a pair of Sturges in Tan

05585254-B86A-4F73-9E86-81D4C5CD47BF.jpeg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 how do you like the fit of the JMM that don't have nosepads? I got the asian nose bridge issue, so I'm wary of ordering frames without, but I feel like I should probably try a pair of the acetate ones first? (Bonus points, I found a shop reasonably close to me where I can use VSP as in network).

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 how do you like the fit of the JMM that don't have nosepads? I got the asian nose bridge issue, so I'm wary of ordering frames without, but I feel like I should probably try a pair of the acetate ones first? (Bonus points, I found a shop reasonably close to me where I can use VSP as in network).

no issues with 2 of my acetate jmm's (tao hopper and jax); i have an asian nose bridge unlike my avatar.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

They tend to fit my nose perfectly. I had a couple months where they felt super heavy on my face (coming from years of Mykita) but now I don’t feel any difference. The detail and craftsmanship is just unrivaled

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads