• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, maybe look better in a more athletic casual fit.. From here they look like wallmart white orthopedics.

Trit

Reaction score

I don't know. It spoke to me. Goorin Bros.

Joytropics

Reaction score
Yea, maybe look better in a more athletic casual fit.. From here they look like wallmart white orthopedics.
Don’t buy Tod’s sneakers. There are so many options out there. Why those?
I actually like them. So long as there's no Tod's branding...

They're comfortable, nice leather and yeah, no Tod's branding. I do think I'll buy another pair in brown, because the stark white only looks good with dark jeans or similar.

I think CP style sneakers look pretty played out at this point and they're less comfortable than most of my dress shoes. If I'm going to wear sneakers I want to actually be able to walk around for a couple hours.

I think someone on the forum said CP style shoes remind him of cheap cologne. That's a good line.

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
In my ongoing embrace of old man status - white trainers from Tod’s. I thought they were a solid dad look but my fiancée called them grandpa shoes. View attachment 1326173
I could see these working with jeans but with wool trousers I just can’t see it looking anything but old man

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're comfortable, nice leather and yeah, no Tod's branding. I do think I'll buy another pair in brown, because the stark white only looks good with dark jeans or similar.

I think CP style sneakers look pretty played out at this point and they're less comfortable than most of my dress shoes. If I'm going to wear sneakers I want to actually be able to walk around for a couple hours.

I think someone on the forum said CP style shoes remind him of cheap cologne. That's a good line.

CP/Stans-style sneaks are really good for blending in, but at this point, I agree that the look hasn't been cutting-edge for years. Having said that, a good part of my job requires me to blend in, so I do have a pair of Epaulet tennis trainers in a pretty nice mahogany shade. Excellent quality, too bad @Epaulet has discontinued most (or all?) of their shoe line.

Those Tod's are fine and if you told everyone they were Celine's newest sneaker everyone would be over the moon.

nekromantik

Reaction score
What do you guys think of fit? This is mean to be oversized fit and I'm wearing on top of tee.

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_153820__01.jpg
    IMG_20200131_153820__01.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66

nekromantik

Reaction score
There's nothing oversized about that

There is some room in shoulder area. Would you suggest sizing down or does it look ok for a sweater?
Yeah haha SLP website calls it oversized as most of the sweaters from that season were slim fitting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads