• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lemaire x Sunspel pajama set
View attachment 1321612

Lemaire x Sunspel rose turtleneck tee
View attachment 1321615

Haider cashmere mixed knit turtleneck
View attachment 1321614
View attachment 1321611

Jil wool/rayon Richard pants
View attachment 1321613
Officine Generale Wool Ollie belted pants
View attachment 1321616
Great pickups as always. I am curious about the fit of the Haider sweater and how oversized it is. Can you kindly post a fit when you get it? Did you size down or go with your typical letter size?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I size down to the Large, but based off measurements on Matches it should be fine.
Haider can be all over the place, I am mostly XL but have a fair few L and some XXL and even a Medium.

yunBW

Reaction score
Great pickups as always. I am curious about the fit of the Haider sweater and how oversized it is. Can you kindly post a fit when you get it? Did you size down or go with your typical letter size?
I recommend sizing down from ur true size to get the haider intention fit in the website. Or tts for more oversized look. For slimmer fit probably 2 size down

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum that Haider knit is perfect.

I've been waffling hard on picking up this similar Margiela knit:
Screenshot_20200121_164102.jpg

Only issue is I have a Cloak FW06 turtle neck that I adore and wear all the time, I think it might be the wrong move to give it unnessary competition in my wardrobe.
Screenshot_20200121_164047.jpg

The Cloak knit is made in China oddly enough, and I've had lots of issues with Cloaks Chinese made knits. This ones another story. Having had some top tier beglian knits from Jan Jan Van Essche, Dries, and Miss Deanna I can say this is every ounce as good.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Cloak switched over to china production in the last few years, definitely noticed the quality drop back then.

Trit

Reaction score

I wanted to try Stutterheim for awhile but wasn't going to spend $500 on a rain jacket. I actually bought a different, cheaper PVC jacket instead but when a Stutterheim went cheap enough I grabbed it and it's actually a great jacket. Even though it's also just PVC the material feels much nicer than the other one and the fit is great. I know I'm talking fit on a rain jacket but it really is a huge difference.

Pajar is another brand where I couldn't justify the price and went with cheaper alternatives but finally bit the bullet on a rare sale. These are the sleekest shearling boots I've seen and are made in Montreal. Finding ANY winter side zips is pretty impossible and this might really be the only company doing side zip shearlings. The only knock on this model is that it's double zipper which is redundant. They have a single zip version but it doesn't have the lug sole. But I'm liking them so far.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5134786592839.jpg

Schneider friendly loafers. Just came in, slim profile so will have to see how well they actually got into my looks!

Last edited:

nekromantik

Reaction score
Craig Green hoodie arrived.
What do you guys think of fit?

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_173043__01.jpg
    IMG_20200122_173043__01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 48

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kaplan how do you like the moccamaster? I'm currently using a French press, but find the steps a bit annoying, and difficult to get very consistent results.
Late to the Moccamaster discussion, but I love mine. Like others have said, it’s quick, quiet, and very consistent. I switched from a carafe maker and the taste is much improved. That said, you have to drink the coffee from the glass carafe soon after brewing for the best taste. I went with the 10-cup model because it has a plug in the bottom of the cone when you pull the glass carafe out. Best coffee maker I’ve ever used, and simple to clean or repair.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trit

Reaction score

Alright, this one is more niche, but if you want a steel toed shoe, not a boot, that isn't a smelly sneaker then you're in for a search. As far as I can tell no one makes just a welted, leather-lined, leather steel toed shoe. I did eventually settle on this one from a company I never heard of called Mellow Walk, who claim to be the last shoe maker in Ontario, Canada. It's still a cemented shoe but for $160 CAD the quality seems very good and I don't feel like a dork wearing them. I haven't worked a shift in them yet but they seem like they'll finally hit the spot for work.

Again, leather-lined steel toe boots are a dime a dozen. But I don't need to wear boots on the job and shoes I find much lighter and more comfortable. And no one makes a steel toe side-zip anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads