• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of coffee makers, I recently bought this:

And this stuff to go with it (apologies for low res photos):

Mugs by Jasper Morrison for Iittala, Hario weight with timer, Hario measuring cup, Barazza Encore grinder and the various beans suited for filter coffee from The Coffee Collective in Copenhagen.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kaplan how do you like the moccamaster? I'm currently using a French press, but find the steps a bit annoying, and difficult to get very consistent results.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with it. Pour over coffee is a bit too elaborate for me, but with this you can approach that quality with less fuss. (Though you have to be into that silky soft filter style. If you come from espresso, a moka pot, french press or even instant, you'll loose that more oily mouthfeel and body those provide. This style of coffee is more like the body and texture of a tea).

For maybe better and more consistent results with your french press, check the video below:

(I would probably skip the step where he skims the surface with the spoons, but it might be worth the effort.)

Last edited:

Junglejack

Reaction score
The Moccamaster rules and I have been using them for close to 15 years with my first KB-741 still going strong.
I would actually recommend not getting the thermal one as the carafe is useless and hard to clean. Better to decant into a Zojirushi thermal coffee carafe. Also, the glass ones are much easier to clean.
The best part of the Technivorm is it takes around 6 mins to brew.
The Bonavita is likewise good and is also SCA (Speciality Coffee Association) approved and slightly cheaper.

As for recent clothing purchases, added more Officine Generale stuff and a pair of Rag & Bone chinos. Fave are the New Fisherman chinos from OG.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool to see more talk about Officine Generale. It’s all really cool, easy, well done stuff.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Literally the first thing my gf said after I unboxed the thing was that the Bezzera logo looks like poop & coffee ***** :rolleyes2:

Cool jacket!

verver

Reaction score
Have been using moccamaster for over 5 yrs. great and super consistent coffee, never sour, great temp.
also have the bonavita is the basement for guests. Coffee a little hotter, but not as tasty, but still good.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score

I wish I could snag the Purpose graident coat too, but with a kid on the way my wife would have my head for getting that too, even on sale. Still super jazzed about the sweater though. The nice fine knit cuffs sold it for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads