Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

are they near deadstock? 75% stars?

2. okay.w0w

okay.w0w Senior member

LOL thanks...they are def NDS but not for sale...sorry

3. mapclub

mapclub Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some pairs of kapital socks from japan and shoes from most excellent member gettoasty arrived this week
    I still have money left so expect more posts soon [​IMG]

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Explore that further. What do those words mean? How do you determine quality of fabric? What is feel? What makes a cut more or less appealing?

quality of fabric, feel and cut. make sense?

5. sipang

sipang Senior member

[​IMG]

Schneider

[Plug]Not all of that stuff is for me...[/Plug]

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

belge typique ... throwing your stuff on the floor

edit: and other people's belongings too !!11!11

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

you should what I did after the pic was taken... also, I don't wear shoes in the house (--> historic SF thread), I'll leave it up to you to either be relieved or disgusted by that edit: you just jealous of my nice parquet

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

LOL thanks...they are def NDS but not for sale...sorry
    They were joking, bro. This isn't ISS or NT.

9. whatever123

True. I'm just playing devil's advocate--people throw around superlatives without background.
    lol, sure pete ... ill give you some context. in the 20+ years i have been buying shirts the margielas are the most impressive. are there better dress shirts out there? of course but i dont own any ... yet. i pay special attention to how the shirt FITS ME. i prefer a dress shirt with a tapered bottom and narrow shoulders with longer sleeves (i have long arms). i also look pay attention to the feel and texture of the fabric. is the fabric comfortable and soft to the touch yet substantial at the same time? i also pay close attention to how the shirt is stitched. i also look at the buttons used on that garment. i can say w/o a DOUBT the past few margiela shirts i have purchased are the finest button downs i own given the criteria above. if you dont agree i could care less. am i a dress shirt expert? fuck no, but if you wanna play games there you go. sorry people!

10. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

lol, sure pete ... ill give you some context. in the 20+ years i have been buying shirts the margielas are the most impressive. are there better dress shirts out there? of course but i dont own any ... yet.

i pay special attention to how the shirt FITS ME. i prefer a dress shirt with a tapered bottom and narrow shoulders with longer sleeves (i have long arms). i also look pay attention to the feel and texture of the fabric. is the fabric comfortable and soft to the touch yet substantial at the same time? i also pay close attention to how the shirt is stitched. i also look at the buttons used on that garment.

i can say w/o a DOUBT the past few margiela shirts i have purchased are the finest button downs i own given the criteria above. if you dont agree i could care less. am i a dress shirt expert? fuck no, but if you wanna play games there you go.

sorry people!

Good info about MMM shirts. I own shoes, a jacket, and a few other assorted mmm items but never even considered the dress shirts- Sounds like I should.

For reference, mind mentioning some of the other brands you are comparing them to? I'm not trying to be a dick or question your opinion, just trying to see what you're basing that on.

11. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Petar Petrov wool/cashmere/nylon sweater

[​IMG]

12. whatever123

Good info about MMM shirts. I own shoes, a jacket, and a few other assorted mmm items but never even considered the dress shirts- Sounds like I should. For reference, mind mentioning some of the other brands you are comparing them to? I'm not trying to be a dick or question your opinion, just trying to see what you're basing that on.
    i would. dvn (i love these shirts as well), gbv, w v g (another nice shirt), ysl, and ss.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you should what I did after the pic was taken...

also, I don't wear shoes in the house (--> historic SF thread), I'll leave it up to you to either be relieved or disgusted by that

edit: you just jealous of my nice parquet

I applaud your parquet. If you wore shoes in your house I'd never have you over to mine.

That petrov looks bizarrely interesting username84

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Picking up some shit for summer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

Fit pics on those Schneiders would be great. They look like they fit pretty boxy and awkward on most people.