Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

To be honest, I think this is one of those very few times (that most SF members wouldn't care to admit) in which if those sandals weren't WJK, it wouldn't get love. I mean come on now, it has heels.

LV Sneakers man...

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

LV Sneakers man...

And your point is? I like them, not just because of the brand, I hate about 90% of LV shoes out there but I like the ones I bought.

People talk smack about sandals here all the time and go ape shit when someone wears them in WAYWT and then a WJK one is posted and majority says it's awesome? I guarantee if those were made by JV, all hell will break lose. They're heeled sandals for gods sake.

3. snake

snake Senior member

Not a fan of sandals of any sort, and personally won't wear them unless I'm near a body of water/pool.

4. melonadejello

And your point is? I like them, not just because of the brand, I hate about 90% of LV shoes out there but I like the ones I bought.

People talk smack about sandals here all the time and go ape shit when someone wears them in WAYWT and then a WJK one is posted and majority says it's awesome? I guarantee if those were made by JV, all hell will break lose. They're heeled sandals for gods sake.

Two people said they liked them and it was me, whose existence was never even acknowledged til about last week, and Uncontrol who is well known for liking shit nobody likes

Touchy, touchy [​IMG]

5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Not a fan of sandals of any sort, and personally won't wear them unless I'm near a body of water/pool.

I wore sandals ALL DAY

Doesn't matter where my style goes, I will always incorporate sandals into a fit (not at night though)

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

uhh which majority says it's awesome? like 4 people said they liked them

and i think calling those "heeled" is a bit absurd

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Two people said they liked them and it was me, whose existence was never even acknowledged til about last week, and Uncontrol who is well known for liking shit nobody likes Touchy, touchy [​IMG]
    Not touchy, I was just pointing it out. This is SF, people tend to talk shit all the time and since it's WJK, it seems like people don't want to say anything about it. And you know if those were JVs or Tommy Hilfiger (and seriously could pass as one of those brands) people would come out of the woodworks to talk shit about it. You're the one who seemed hurt that you had to bring up my LV shoes... how original.
    and i think calling those "heeled" is a bit absurd
    Not really, it's still elevated in the heel. Just because it isn't an inch high doesn't mean it's not heels.

8. melonadejello

I think more people did say negative things about them than positive. I'm just saying I just complimented his shoes, I'm not hurt if you don't like them, I wouldn't buy them myself, I just said I like the way they look. Then you went out of your why to try and call bullshit and then I pointed out that, in my opinion, you should not be the one to make such judgement calls. Then you started ranting and here we are. I even noted in my first post that everybody always hates on sandals, and that's pretty much the only reason I bothered to say anything about them, because I knew everybody else was gonna be like OMFG FUCK SANDULZ GUYZ

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, you took it personally. I didn't even know who posted that they liked it, I just know that I read more people that like it than not. I never even pointed you out specifically so why are you hurt? It struck enough nerve that you had to "point out" that I shouldn't be making those judgement calls.

In the end, it doesn't really matter so whatever.

10. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

Just picked up this jacket -Suit Fisherman's Jacket. I think it looks a bit better undone, but you get the idea. [​IMG]

11. melonadejello

The only thing that I took personally was that you seemed to think you were pointing out some kind of hidden truth that SF had not yet realized and you were basing it on something you made up in your head. There was no majority, there wasn't even love, just two people saying "they look nice"
    And the best part for me is, I'm a kid, I deliver pizzas, you're an adult with a job and a life and money and you got mad cause I made fun of your shoes [​IMG]

12. melonadejello

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The only thing that I took personally was that you seemed to think you were pointing out some kind of hidden truth that SF had not yet realized and you were basing it on something you made up in your head. There was no majority, there wasn't even love, just two people saying "they look nice"
    And the best part for me is, I'm a kid, I deliver pizzas, you're an adult with a job and a life and money and you got mad cause I made fun of your shoes [​IMG]

All I said was that it was liked because of the brand and SF has taught me not to do that and you took it a bit too personal. But your comment was directed to me, I actually had a reason say something but no one is mad here.

You really think I got mad because you made fun of my LVs? I've heard a lot worst from Kunk, Jet, etc... at least they were creative. I am like the only dude here who is proud to own LV and Guccis, you think that little comment had any effect? [​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Mellon is the babyface killa

I think snowman and I are only two planning to kop sandals for our dubai trip but I wouldn't wear those ever. Good on bb1 for sticking to his favorite brand..................edit: ......................................................................................................

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

I wore sandals ALL DAY

Doesn't matter where my style goes, I will always incorporate sandals into a fit (not at night though)

You're also that guy who parks backward in parking spaces so no surprise there.