Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

I rode a bus once.

Black dude fell asleep on my shoulder.

Well I live for the approval of black people, basically, so this counts as a plus in my column

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

nice aeglus
    had to get rid of mine when I moved. stupid cities.
    [​IMG]
    sold for 2x what I paid

someone start WAYDT thread.

3. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

No one looks right wearing fashions on a bus. Trains work, but buses? Nah.
    One of my favorite things is to see pictures of Thom Browne on the subway. ALWAYS blurry and from a camera phone. And true to form, dude is always put together.

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

nice aeglus
    had to get rid of mine when I moved. stupid cities.

sold for 2x what I paid

someone start WAYDT thread.

ESI-R?

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I think all box flares were esi-r or tsi.

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

Public transportation in a lot of areas is AWFUL. All the superficial shit aside, it's still AWFUL. Public transportation here, like a lot of shit in Michigan, is underfunded. There are fewer buses rolling around out there as a result. This means longer waits for most people who rely on the buses to get around. This just isn't doable unless you're unemployed and only leave the house when you need to go buy eggs and a carton of milk or something.

For someone who has a job they need to get to and from each day, along with other commitments (gym, dates, social outings), public transportation in most areas just doesn't work. Most cars are a drain on your wallet. Even nicer cars require maintenance costs over the years. That's just the trade-off most people have to make in order to efficiently get where they need to go each day.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. So stop.

Public transit in Michigan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (fyi I grew in in dearborn/dbnhts)
    Though from what I've heard the plan for the light rail along Woodward is actually going to happen.

I don't live in the middle of nowhere, either, dumb shit. You act as though bad public transportation only exists in areas where there are more cows than people.
    For real. In the USA public transit sucks almost everywhere. There's only a handful of cities where you can realistically live with out a car, and even in most of those cities it seems like the majority of people (that can afford to) own cars. I'm always surprised how many people here in Chicago keep a car in the city.

7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I think all box flares were esi-r or tsi.

Correct, tsi.

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

One of my favorite things is to see pictures of Thom Browne on the subway. ALWAYS blurry and from a camera phone. And true to form, dude is always put together.

I'm wearing my ribbon shirt again today, made me think of you, buttercup.

9. APK

APK Senior member

Public transit in Michigan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (fyi I grew in in dearborn/dbnhts)
    Though from what I've heard the plan for the light rail along Woodward is actually going to happen.

For real. In the USA public transit sucks almost everywhere. There's only a handful of cities where you can realistically live with out a car, and even in most of those cities it seems like the majority of people (that can afford to) own cars. I'm always surprised how many people here in Chicago keep a car in the city.

Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how shitty it is almost everywhere else. It's narrow-minded to act like those people are retards for owning a car, especially if you're seemingly spending most of your income on clothes.

I love clothes and wish I had more cash to put toward them. But imagine being car-less in one of those many areas that has poor public transit and trying to go out on a date. No guy is cool enough not to look like a putz in the eyes of a date when he pulls out a fucking bus pass from his Julius leather.

10. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Philly public transit is good enough that from where I live, I can get anywhere via the subway. If I want to go somewhere the subway doesn't go and don't feel like walking, I take a cab. Easy.

11. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Actually never considered even getting a license, i live in the second largest city in my country, and will soon move close to the biggest. Rather spend money elsewhere [​IMG]

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how shitty it is almost everywhere else. It's narrow-minded to act like those people are retards for owning a car, especially if you're seemingly spending most of your income on clothes.

I love clothes and wish I had more cash to put toward them. But imagine being car-less in one of those many areas that has poor public transit and trying to go out on a date. No guy is cool enough not to look like a putz in the eyes of a date when he pulls out a fucking bus pass from his Julius leather.

i don't have a car here [​IMG]

13. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Oh you mean they are going to put transit back up Woodward after GM bought the Trolley system and dismantled it to force people to buy cars.......fuckin dicks.

I keep my car in the city because I aint luggin an assload of groceries in a cab or bus or EL....

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how shitty it is almost everywhere else.

Hey man, Detroit has the fucking People Mover. Now that's fine public transportation [​IMG]

the Light Rail will be cool, but i bet it fails. miserably.

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

the first day I brought my car to the city it was stolen and stripped, so that made my decision about transportation easy!