Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

We have high prices and they never bring any of the good models of anything here, but somehow, the pre-owned MB/AMG market here is way undervalued, comparatively, no idea how that happens but they're not overvalued here like they are in America.
    BTW a 335i costs like $90K here and the M3 is like $120K, lol.

Yeah, man. In my homeland, a new Murci is around 40,000,000 bahts which is more than $1 million USD. You pretty much got it made if you can find the means to afford a Benz/BMW in a 3rd world country. Of course, the idea of leasing doesn't exist either.

jet, I hear that. I organized local meets every now and then for photo shoot purposes. However, a lot of the random meets end up in people getting ticketed because they want to show off their 'Eisennman inspired' mufflers.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

made to measure overcoat, just when its getting warm enough I dont need one. Still wearing it as a regular coat, tho
    I'm not a huge fan of the collar, but otherwise looks good. Struck a really good balance between slim without bell shaping it and the arms are well-proportioned.

Miss driving [​IMG]

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

not buying til i can buy sagaris domestically

for full drape effect please. i know your horses wouldn't mind

[​IMG]

6. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

that looks really nice

also i don't even have a license

Yeah me neither

21 and counting

gonna see how long I can go

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

neither do I, people give me shit bout that at my job, and im like...yah cuz spending 2k on a car thats gonna die on me a couple months down the road is a real smart investment. People in their 20s are fucking retards I swear. [​IMG]

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

yes buying rick owens and julius is the real investment. this could be your dumbest post.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

neither do I, people give me shit bout that at my job, and im like...yah cuz spending 2k on a car thats gonna die on me a couple months down the road is a real smart investment. People in their 20s are fucking retards I swear.
    [​IMG]

lol all my cars that i still have are older than me

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

yes buying rick owens and julius is the real investment. this could be your dumbest post.
    it actually holds more value than a 25 year old car, When I go out its cuz I'm getting crunk...so a car just complicates everything. stop being bitter cuz you're gonna be a poor english teacher.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

it actually holds more value than a 25 year old car, When I go out its cuz I'm getting crunk...so a car just complicates everything. stop being bitter cuz you're gonna be a poor english teacher.
    i bought my 40 year old car for 5 times less than the offers I get for it, sorry to prove you wrong again however kids buying cars is for an investment typically isn't a good idea

12. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

can't believe i missed car talk!

so glad jet is into actually driving BMW's, i'm starting to really like him now. especially since he hates current generation ones too [​IMG]

lane you're an idiot

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

i bought my 40 year old car for 5 times less than the offers I get for it, sorry to prove you wrong again however kids buying cars is for an investment typically isn't a good idea
    yes, anecdotal evidence is everything. The fact is, cars that you buy brand new lose their value in the first two years. asides from that.. Plus, I was talking about paying for junk listed on craigslist or buying a friends car, just to have "transportation." That I feel is dumb, cuz some of them have to lock their doors manually and shit. Not to mention they constantly spend money on maintenance on a piece of junk. I'm not discounting buying cars at all. I'm saying that when I buy a car, I want to have the income necessary to buy one that's worth my money and that will last me past a year... why would buying an old piece of junk you have to spend money to maintain be any sort of smart decision?

14. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Buying a physical object to use as a financial investment is usually a terrible thing to do.

15. APK

APK Senior member

neither do I, people give me shit bout that at my job, and im like...yah cuz spending 2k on a car thats gonna die on me a couple months down the road is a real smart investment. People in their 20s are fucking retards I swear.
    [​IMG]

1) There's a difference between not having your license and not owning a car.
    2) There's also a difference between owning a great car and owning a car that will get you around. Unless they come from money, most young people own the latter.
    3) Owning a car is a must unless you live in a city with a great public transit system. Otherwise, you're going to need to adapt to an existence where it takes three hours to run what would otherwise be a 20-minute errand because you rely on the bus to get around.
    4) Please experiment for a week and re-read your posts before actually posting them. You put your foot in your mouth more often than any regular here.