Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

O nice zissou, I drive an '06 GTI haha.
    one more manual on the road is a win, nice car too zissou
    Am I the only one who thought Zissou drove a truck? lol and I have a stick 06 civic. Manuals FTW
    Thanks, guys. I traded in my '08 Rabbit on this one. It was the only automatic I have ever (reluctantly) owned.
    I was thinking more like [​IMG]
    hahaha. It would be hell to commute in that thing. What I really wish I was driving: [​IMG] In the end, though, I need a reliable car because I have a young daughter, and I often travel to fairly remote places. The Golf doesn't have a ton of HP, but with the turbo, the torque is [​IMG] Plus, 45mpg on the highway.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG] jpress for UO found these randomly on sale rack at UO in gtown today for $18. the hand/feel of the wool is el terrible ... 60 wool/40 viscose??? but its a perfect beater work pant to just throw on

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love when people who don't know shit about cars try to talk about cars with me.

i don't, it's fucking annoying

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Not buying a car until that Gullwing corp comes out with a 300SL cab replica (and I will get it with the AMG 6.3) or better yet, a BMW 507 replica with a 4.4L from the M3 GTS. Would buy in a pukey color.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

not buying til i can buy sagaris domestically

6. APK

APK Senior member

i don't, it's fucking annoying
    Agreed. Talking about cars is fucking annoying. edit: but for real, I've never cared about cars. I'm actually annoyed with driving unless there's almost no traffic. It's one of the reasons I've always thought I'd like a bigger city where a car isn't a necessity.

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I agree. But I only adopted that stance after the state deemed me unfit to operate a motor vehicle.

Also, just kopped some Albam tees from Oi Polloi.

8. impolyt_one

Chauffeurs are like $1700/month over here, so if I cop a chauffeur I will post his mugshot directly to RP pII

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I love when people who don't know shit about cars try to talk about cars with me.
    That's when you take them to school. Lots of people used to ask me what kind of springs I had on the 335. I told them they're on coilovers. I get a lot of blank looks.

It used to be really fun when I had my Evo. People used to ask me why my car doesn't go 'woosh'. I told them the BOV is recirculated and not VTA. Also a lot of blank faces.

Drew, big balling with that AMG...especially in a country outside of the U.S. Folks don't realize how good we have it here with prices of cars and gasoline.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I stopped going to meets early on because it was just a bunch of dorks who were all about mods just for the sake of mods. Eyelids, angel eyes, carbon overlays and a bunch of other terrible garbage. None of them had any driving skill either they would just drive like idiots so I never went on any of the canyon runs with them. Occasionally I'd pop the bonnet so they could see the remote reservoirs and take someone on a drive to show them what the letter M was really about. You don't know how many people almost shit their pants when I'd step the rear out and throttle steer that shit straight.

I always told my buddy to never turn his dsc off like me and what does he do? Of course one day he turns it off, hits a wet patch around a turn (which I've done before), rear swings out (which he can't correct), he lifts (bad move), and the back swings the other way like a pendulum right into the curb like a dumbass.

11. impolyt_one

We have high prices and they never bring any of the good models of anything here, but somehow, the pre-owned MB/AMG market here is way undervalued, comparatively, no idea how that happens but they're not overvalued here like they are in America.
    BTW a 335i costs like $90K here and the M3 is like $120K, lol.

12. APK

APK Senior member

This is almost as riveting to me as the Dayton Boot Blowout of 2011 in the sales thread.

13. impolyt_one

[​IMG]

14. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

made to measure overcoat, just when its getting warm enough I dont need one. Still wearing it as a regular coat, tho [​IMG] [​IMG]