Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Why would anyone put someone on ignore?

Unless the person goes out of their way to attack you constantly, I think it takes a lot of the SF experience away. Plus the drama is what keeps this place interesting...err entertaining

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Unless the person goes out of their way to attack you constantly, I think it takes a lot of the SF experience away. Plus the drama is what keeps this place interesting...err entertaining

i once put the entire forum on my ignore list for a week, best week i ever spent on sf

3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I don't have anyone on ignore, but putting someone you think makes dumb or shitty posts just makes one less post to read, or skip past. I think this makes more of a benefit for people who make a lot of threads.

4. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

i once put the entire forum on my ignore list for a week, best week i ever spent on sf

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Got that Margiela book for $44 at Barnes and Noble with the 50% coupon. Pretty cool stuff, didn't think any around me would have it instock B&M but they did.

Also kopped a bunch of loose leaf tea and an awesome glass thermos. Nice to start off the day with a cig and two cups of tea [​IMG]

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Also any dudes who wanna ball out on some Starcraft 2, let's take it to the internet space battlefield and drop me a PM

7. Milksauce

Milksauce Active Member

DA2 isn't that great...Really bland in comparison to DAO. And I'd probably wait for Crysis 2 until the DX11 update comes out.

Probably won't play D3 for the same reasons as everyone here...spent far too much time as a kid playing that. Used to play in shifts with my brother doing MF runs and stuff, hahaha. I just want Battlefield 3.

DA2 : DAO:: mass effect 1 : mass effect 2 ie. it was a huge disappointment to me. I played D3 at blizzcon and it was insanely fun.

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I gotta agree with Uncontrol on this one. That's one ugly keyboard.... 1. The keys have too much space between them, making them look as if they're individually stuck on as opposed to an integrated whole. 2. The space between the keys glows red hot as if they're sitting on top of a volcano spewing lava. 3. The plastics have a cheap look to them-- needs more heft and/or texture in the plastics in order to match the darker industrial look it appears to be aiming for. 4. That giant "Tt" in the center is ghastly. Reminds me of those Ford and GM cars from the 90's that had lighted logos in the center between the headlights (e.g. Mercury Sable). 5. My experience has been that gimmicky looking keyboards like this rarely feel like high quality instruments when you type on them. Thus whenever I see a keyboard that looks like this, I immediately envision it is cheap junk quality like everything else. The association makes it psychologically ugly. 6. Black + red is one of the most severe looking color combos possible. When used here it only helps to further highlight and draw attention to the ugly design.

9. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

lol at people critiquing a keyboard. If AR_Six likes it, why does anyone give a damn? It's not like he's taking it out in public...

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

lol at people critiquing a keyboard. If AR_Six likes it, why does anyone give a damn? It's not like he's taking it out in public...
    I don't think anyone here cares if he owns that keyboard or even carries it around in public. To me it's not overly interesting if that specific keyboard is ugly or not, but rather the idea of why the keyboard is ugly to one person but not another. Or perhaps the better question is why Uncontrol feels the keyboard's style matters, and AR feels it does not. Certainly many non-clothing items in my house would not pass my own style critique. But I personally draw the line at electronic items with flashing lights and glowing logos. For example, all of my stereo equipment is very clean and simple looking in style as are all my car stereos. But the popular stuff being sold in most stores is exactly the opposite of this-- it is like the Ed Hardy of stereo equipment. This may sound strange but being surrounded by good style will often improve my mood, while being surrounded by bad style will frequently have the opposite effect.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

That keyboard is super ugly got this here, sickest keyboard [​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Asian MacBook Pro knockoff keyboard: [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

all 'gaming' perepherials and computers are super ugly (alienware, razer, etc). tragic reality of the industry.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

if i was gonna buy a gaming keyboard id buy something with cherry brown switches!!

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Well, the target market has never been known to be connoisseurs of fine design. [​IMG]