Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

so many options for taller guys though. it's honestly hard to find a shirt I can wear untucked as I'm only 5'8".

2. snake

snake Senior member

I've found w+h oxfords to be comparable to boo lengthwise.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

very few options for tall guys with big necks shoulders but a narrow waste. boo has the perfect shoulder/chest/neck measurement, an awesome taper.. if only it was like a LITTLE longer.

epaulet is good. so is H&M for dress shirts.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

How is BoO compared to Gitman?

I've been going back and forth on BoO/Gitman/W+H for shirts/oxfords.

I'm not tall (5'7")and have a athletic build. Is BoO an option? I heard it's more for the skinny build; ie. slim tapered and high arm holes.

I'm liking the measurements on a Gitman M, but don't know if it'll be too long untucked.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

[​IMG]

hopefully they fit

[​IMG]

Good stuff, what are the boots?

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Got this at the Co-Op in South Beach. Also ordered a pair of Lanvins from the Neiman Marcus in Bal Harbour while I was there... had them shipped up to me since I had no space in my bags. also, some Task Essential face wash. (note: I hate linking to stores for pics of clothes, but the shirt is wrinkled, I don't have an iron on hand and I couldn't find a picture elsewhere. My apologies)

7. snake

snake Senior member

Good stuff, what are the boots?

I believe those are Balenciaga.

8. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

[​IMG] Just bought this - brand new with tag - off of B&S. Any comment on the quality of BoO outerwear? Have never really handled any in person before...
    What size did you get? I sold mine earlier this week, sz 1.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

also, some Task Essential face wash.

This is excellent, been using since 05 and far better than m+g or similar. I'm on my third tube in 5 years, lasts forever too.

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

I've found w+h oxfords to be comparable to boo lengthwise.

Baron-Wells shirts also fit slim + short. Similar dimensions to BoO but slightly less slim overall, as well as less tapered- which I like as it makes them pair with shorts and chinos better (the high cut side hems on BoO shirts tends to make your hips stick out when you wear them with untucked with non-jean cut pants and shorts)

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

wtf? do you wash your face like once a month? I just re-upped on two tubes of face wash, I go through it faster than toothpaste.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Got a BBBF ireland-made fisherman v neck from when they were still made at the same place as Thom's knits. Nice and thick, good for my climate notwithstanding winter is ending. Will be good for work on cold days.

13. rs5088

rs5088 Well-Known Member

I believe those are Balenciaga.

Yup, got em off Superfuture

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

How is BoO compared to Gitman? I've been going back and forth on BoO/Gitman/W+H for shirts/oxfords. I'm not tall (5'7")and have a athletic build. Is BoO an option? I heard it's more for the skinny build; ie. slim tapered and high arm holes. I'm liking the measurements on a Gitman M, but don't know if it'll be too long untucked.
    Gitman is longer, tighter collar, and doesn't have back darts like BoO. I find you don't really have to be super-skinny to wear BoO... yeah if you have a Kunk-like build it's probably not going to work, but it'll generally work for fit people as long as they aren't super jacked... also wtf does "athletic build" even mean... has to be one of the most useless descriptive terms ever- it doesn't really give you any idea of a person's build, yet people use it constantly on here. There are many different kinds of athletes which will have wildly different body types/shapes

15. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Baron-Wells shirts also fit slim + short. Similar dimensions to BoO but slightly less slim overall, as well as less tapered- which I like as it makes them pair with shorts and chinos better (the high cut side hems on BoO shirts tends to make your hips stick out when you wear them with untucked with non-jean cut pants and shorts)

baron wells is good. my favorite shirts are either boo, baron wells, or shipley. baron's buttons tend to fall off like a motherfucker, being used to boo's buttons, it's cool. learn2sew and you're fine.

just got these. hope they fit.
    [​IMG]