Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nobody buys Rick at retail. Look at the attention that Gilt sale got over there. Humorously I think Fark might have paid retail for a lot of his stuff given how quickly it amassed. Dunno bout RFX

That bomber is from Gilt, no denying that.
    I can't say I always pay retail but I got no problem paying retail, it's the only way to get authentic LV. [​IMG]

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

POLYT I SENT YOU A PM... yeaaaaa

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

he doesn't do PMs...

(or was that the joke? i'm not particularly cognitive today, NZ just whooped SA in the cricket, was amazing)

4. APK

APK Senior member

i'm not particularly cognitive today

How about dissonant?

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

there's a couple there who do, but the people who are oh so offended that john meyer wears their precious ccp don't have the money to buy it in the first place.

Stop mmisrepresenting a position (that I don't agree with) and trying to guess people's bank account (you don't know any SZers and who cares about that anyway).

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

Stop mmisrepresenting a position (that I don't agree with) and trying to guess people's bank account (you don't know any SZers and who cares about that anyway).

how is it misrepresenting? there literally have been posts about how certain people don't deserve to wear the brands. im not talking about the fark aesthetic discussion, but when pictures of people like john meyer wearing ccp come up, etc.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

I don't think SZ is particularly sold on the DBSS sneaks. You would be better off with CCP or Julius boots. Fark is a dude who went on SZ, bought the shit out of everything they hyped and started posting some often pretty damned solid WAYWTs and had the SZ faithful predictably shit all over him for essentially buying their aesthetic... "you don't understand the background / history / conceptual underpinnings of your clothes", that kinda crap. Apparently it offends people who use their taste in clothing as a means to tell themselves they're artistic and better than others when you do that [​IMG]
    I think its actually the fact that he was blindly seeking approval. Have you seen the video he made of himself? Some of the hate was because he bought a ton of shit they probably couldn't buy in such a short amount of time, but still. Not to mention whenever people would suggest ANYTHING he would do it immediately. He shaved his whole head just because a handful of people told him to...at face value it certainly seems like he is seeking approval. Dunno bout now, because he is changing, but I definitely think he does hold their opinions very highly.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm not like that then, if I wanted SF approval I should be getting NB instead of...
    [​IMG]

9. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I'm not like that then, if I wanted SF approval I should be getting NB instead of...
    Nice, those the hightops? I'd be interested to see a fit, got some on the way.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yup, I'll post some fit pics later.

11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

12. snake

snake Senior member

That was quick, when did you put in your order RFX? Still waiting on my pants.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That was quick, when did you put in your order RFX? Still waiting on my pants.

Oh I ordered from ForwardForward, they have a free overnight shipping and in the same state as me. It was actually suppose to arrive yesterday (ordered Wednesday) but it got delayed.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] barbour liddesdale Nice to wear on a sports jacket, but Im unsure, alot of shitty "new rich" kids wearing them here.

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

First time I have straight up copied a "kop", this one will get a lot of play at the beach this year

[​IMG]