Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

eh. will be fine layered and dressier. not a fan of it on its own with slacks and laceups. probably under a blazer and with a button up and stuff like that. fall 06 or something right? i thoguht there was a pic of that or the other color for runway looks but can't remember. ARsix wears a lot of that kind of stuff and will probably look fine on him. For only $100 and to own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense

2. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

3. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

what size?

I ended up with the small. I think the x-small would have been too snug for me.

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]

cdw x sw winter jacket

Hot.

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

pretty much completely agree with chrono and think that the knit can look great paired right

marginally related, I want the aw10 houndstooth silk blend suit

6. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

fukin sick man. nice buy. I like the waist tabs.

how much?

Got it for 695USD shipped.

7. aether

aether Senior member

eh. will be fine layered and dressier. not a fan of it on its own with slacks and laceups. probably under a blazer and with a button up and stuff like that. fall 06 or something right? i thoguht there was a pic of that or the other color for runway looks but can't remember. ARsix wears a lot of that kind of stuff and will probably look fine on him. For only $100 and to own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense

fair enough [​IMG]

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

To own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense
    This is probably why I can't really deny this:
    This smells of one of those instances where someone buys a piece more because of the label than the actual piece.
    But it's not really that simple; it's more of an interrelation between the piece and the label. Ie, that knit is fairly recognizable as being Cloak, I identify it with the later stuff from the brand. Also I seriously can think of a bunch of ways to wear it, we'll see if it translates from my head into reality but none of what I'm thinking is particularly out of the ordinary. I mean worst case I'll use it the way Uncontrol suggests and wear it with some jeans, sneakers and a black leather jacket. NBD.

Anyway, moving on to a real purchase that isn't just a whim, I also picked up a pair of 19cm Sharp Notations. After washing my Spurrs this weekend, they shrank a bit (even though I didn't machine dry them), so they're actually slightly slimmer than when I bought them. They also lost a bit of inseam which is unfortunate because they were perfect beforehand. I imagine they will still be my go-to jeans but I wanted something with a longer inseam, and thus:

[​IMG]

Really, really big macro flash pic to show coating: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4646/dsc04794v.jpg

Looking forward to see if they fit since I haven't tried on a pair of Diors since last fall (no one carries them here afaik) and I'm a bit slimmer than I was then.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

You should be able to see it if you click the link, shouldn't you? I thought it was just embeds that don't work. Here's an imgur link to the same thing then. http://i.imgur.com/KYPIL.jpg

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

copy and paste the link

EDIT:

Also, what happened that pissed off imageshack so much?

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

do those stack real nice AR?

14. aether

aether Senior member

R_6, you always have some crazy justification for making a purchase. So you just picked up those diors because you needed something with a slightly longer inseam because your spurrs probably shrank by less than an inch? The other day you were also like "these slim-black-coated-distressed denim will perfectly fill my slim-black-coated-distressed-denim hole in my wardrobe." What's next? You're gonna say something like, "oh these Lanvins perfectly fill the patent-leather-blue-accent-hi-fashion-8-hole-hightop-vacancy in my wardrobe." You know what I'm saying? you have these 'niche' and narrowly defined justifications for buying something. regardless, nice pick up [​IMG]

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Anyway, moving on to a real purchase that isn't just a whim, I also picked up a pair of 19cm Sharp Notations.

fit pic.

People complain that copping diors means giving in to SF herd mentality, but the damn things fit some of us right. I don't care that they have been around for a while.

You're gonna say something like, "oh these Lanvins perfectly fill the patent-leather-blue-accent-hi-fashion-8-hole-hightop-vacancy in my wardrobe."

interestingly I just filled this exact hole in my wardrobe and have them on right now.