• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
eh. will be fine layered and dressier. not a fan of it on its own with slacks and laceups. probably under a blazer and with a button up and stuff like that. fall 06 or something right? i thoguht there was a pic of that or the other color for runway looks but can't remember. ARsix wears a lot of that kind of stuff and will probably look fine on him. For only $100 and to own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
107dfb6b.jpg

cdw x sw winter jacket

Hot.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty much completely agree with chrono and think that the knit can look great paired right

marginally related, I want the aw10 houndstooth silk blend suit

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
eh. will be fine layered and dressier. not a fan of it on its own with slacks and laceups. probably under a blazer and with a button up and stuff like that. fall 06 or something right? i thoguht there was a pic of that or the other color for runway looks but can't remember. ARsix wears a lot of that kind of stuff and will probably look fine on him. For only $100 and to own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense

fair enough
thumbs-up.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
To own a piece of a dead brand that he appreciates, i don't think it's a big deal. He seems to like clothing on a hobbyist level as well as just trying to look good so it makes sense
This is probably why I can't really deny this:
Originally Posted by APK
This smells of one of those instances where someone buys a piece more because of the label than the actual piece.
But it's not really that simple; it's more of an interrelation between the piece and the label. Ie, that knit is fairly recognizable as being Cloak, I identify it with the later stuff from the brand. Also I seriously can think of a bunch of ways to wear it, we'll see if it translates from my head into reality but none of what I'm thinking is particularly out of the ordinary. I mean worst case I'll use it the way Uncontrol suggests and wear it with some jeans, sneakers and a black leather jacket. NBD.

Anyway, moving on to a real purchase that isn't just a whim, I also picked up a pair of 19cm Sharp Notations. After washing my Spurrs this weekend, they shrank a bit (even though I didn't machine dry them), so they're actually slightly slimmer than when I bought them. They also lost a bit of inseam which is unfortunate because they were perfect beforehand. I imagine they will still be my go-to jeans but I wanted something with a longer inseam, and thus:

IMG_7577.jpg

Really, really big macro flash pic to show coating: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4646/dsc04794v.jpg

Looking forward to see if they fit since I haven't tried on a pair of Diors since last fall (no one carries them here afaik) and I'm a bit slimmer than I was then.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R_6, you always have some crazy justification for making a purchase. So you just picked up those diors because you needed something with a slightly longer inseam because your spurrs probably shrank by less than an inch? The other day you were also like "these slim-black-coated-distressed denim will perfectly fill my slim-black-coated-distressed-denim hole in my wardrobe." What's next? You're gonna say something like, "oh these Lanvins perfectly fill the patent-leather-blue-accent-hi-fashion-8-hole-hightop-vacancy in my wardrobe." You know what I'm saying? you have these 'niche' and narrowly defined justifications for buying something. regardless, nice pick up
biggrin.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Anyway, moving on to a real purchase that isn't just a whim, I also picked up a pair of 19cm Sharp Notations.

fit pic.

People complain that copping diors means giving in to SF herd mentality, but the damn things fit some of us right. I don't care that they have been around for a while.

Originally Posted by aether
You're gonna say something like, "oh these Lanvins perfectly fill the patent-leather-blue-accent-hi-fashion-8-hole-hightop-vacancy in my wardrobe."

interestingly I just filled this exact hole in my wardrobe and have them on right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads