Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sipang

sipang Senior member

Same, I'm already on it but I can hardly find stuff in my size, 44-48 people this is for you.

2. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ would be all over it if I could afford it.

More on the wishful thinking side: more love for undercover and fujiwara.

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

Yes, that minor problem. I'm sure snowman will rep Fujiwara this fall [​IMG], Undercover probably won't happen but I believe FW09 is universally loved.

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ FW09 is really nice but there is so much more to love from undercover. I think it's more of a sufu thing, though.

5. sipang

sipang Senior member

I think Undercover is too eclectic and hard to pin down for SF.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think Undercover is too eclectic and hard to pin down for SF.

I personally really like Undercover. It's a nearly perfect combination of runway and street, which is the way most stylish people dress anyway.

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

@designer talk Prediction: SW&D cool kids are going to be on Balenciaga next. You heard it here first.
    I hope, never thought of purchasing anything from Balenciaga so i'm okay with this.

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

washed LVC 1967 505 for around 30$
    redbluewhite plaid poplin bd from Gant Rugger

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Well, undercover's prices are high and there is not a wide internet distribution for them. If it was featured on 4-5 popular internet boutiques and a few well known b&m stores then i'm sure we'd see undercover all over the place in internet land. Tough to consistently get for most and there is little to no ebay/forum resale market right now.

That's pretty much when all the brands get big on sufu/sf. Even margiela, raf, rick, ervell, etc... weren't that popular until the resale market took off. If some of these brands cared about the internet forum market (can't tell if they do now compared to 2 years ago when it was more lulz), it seems wise to just have a 1 time only deep-ish sale on their online retailers and/or have a large sample sale to get their product out there on the internet to get people hooked. Get a $150-250 undercover item 2nd hand and that person is more likely to make their next big purchase a $400-600 undercover jacket or something

don't want to do it too much though or it gets watered down like what happened to BoO and probably ervell at this point (with non-stop gilt sales). Why would anyone buy a $250 retail ervell button up anymore?

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

Well, undercover's prices are high and there is not a wide internet distribution for them. If it was featured on 4-5 popular internet boutiques and a few well known b&m stores then i'm sure we'd see undercover all over the place in internet land. Tough to consistently get for most and there is little to no ebay/forum resale market right now.

That's pretty much when all the brands get big on sufu/sf. Even margiela, raf, rick, ervell, etc... weren't that popular until the resale market took off. If some of these brands cared about the internet forum market (can't tell if they do now compared to 2 years ago when it was more lulz), it seems wise to just have a 1 time only deep-ish sale on their online retailers and/or have a large sample sale to get their product out there on the internet to get people hooked. Get a $150-250 undercover item 2nd hand and that person is more likely to make their next big purchase a $400-600 undercover jacket or something

don't want to do it too much though or it gets watered down like what happened to BoO and probably ervell at this point (with non-stop gilt sales). Why would anyone buy a $250 retail ervell button up anymore?

+1 for the 1st two paragraphs.
    as to the third... I don't think those brands ever really get that much of their full retail sales from the SF and SUFU crowds. Even before BoO for instance got watered down I don't think too many people here were going out and buying BoO at 210 plus... though they still get a lot of forum people to buy once the first round of sales drop prices to around 150ish.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

well, BoO did damn well - considering the sheer numbers they get to produce in, those button ups cost them no more than like $15 to make, that's on the high side. Maybe $10 (where are they made again?) Genius brand concept.

12. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

@designer talk Prediction: SW&D cool kids are going to be on Balenciaga next. You heard it here first.
    hello and welcome to last week

13. snake

snake Senior member

True, it's unfortunate that there are only so few undercover stockists outside of Japan. There are however, some really nice pieces that will pop up on sufu (and even yjp (but I don't have enough self control to freely roam that site)).

14. snake

snake Senior member

I know summers right around the corner, but I had to. Been on my list for awhile now. [​IMG]

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

that is some serious steampunk shit