Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

what's the weight like on the socks? Also, how's the sizing? If I'm a 9 should I go with the ones that are 7-9 or 8-10? They look awesome.
    [​IMG]

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

no I just liked them a lot and I'm in the process of replacing all my busted up uniqlo socks

alright cool. I'll let you know what I think of them once they show up. I have a nice wool sock collection, but it is starting to get too warm for those.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

yeah dude bitches love bluegrass

Man they kind of do. Live music + general communal feeling + dancing is a pretty potent combination. You have to steer clear of a lot of the girls of course, but that's true of anywhere.

Why is everyone suddenly buying multiple Rick leathers? Since there were only a few posters here a year ago doing this I'd have to say it's become a fad, similar to the MMM GATs.

I think jet called this in the leather jacket thread a while ago.

4. APK

APK Senior member

Ummm... I've only seen 2-3 people including myself (and that is getting more than 1). That is everyone? I see a lot of discussion and interest about it in the leather jacket thread but not much else outside of that.

I won't take "everyone" so literally, but the influx of people here buying or contemplating purchasing Dick leathers was noticeable enough that I was tempted to ask if I missed the memo where we were all supposed to be buying them now.

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I won't take "everyone" so literally, but the influx of people here buying or contemplating purchasing Dick leathers was noticeable enough that I was tempted to ask if I missed the memo where we were all supposed to be buying them now.

Spring's a great time to pull out those leathers, broski.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

exactly why im now looking constantly for one

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

you can all keep trying to jack my swagger but you will all fail. lolololollololololololololololololololololo
    Why is everyone suddenly buying multiple Rick leathers? Since there were only a few posters here a year ago doing this I'd have to say it's become a fad, similar to the MMM GATs.

Interestingly shortly before the fad became visible on this forum, more plebeian stores like Tobi.com started occasionally writing "RICK OWENS" in huge letters on their front page, making Rick the featured brand for the first time ever at a mainstream on-line fashion store. Note that I am not claiming that Tobi influenced these people, rather I am saying it is a symptom of the overall hype/fad.

No hate for the jackets-- I think they look nice.

8. APK

APK Senior member

It wasn't like this here last spring. Or the spring before that...broski.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Interestingly shortly before the fad became visible on this forum, more plebeian stores like Tobi.com started occasionally writing "RICK OWENS" in huge letters on their front page, making Rick the featured brand for the first time ever at a mainstream on-line fashion store. Note that I am not claiming that Tobi influenced these people, rather I am saying it is a symptom of the overall hype/fad.

No hate for the jackets-- I think they look nice.

What were you doing on a plebian website? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm not taking "everyone" literally but he was talking about "all" these people copping multiple Rick Owens leathers but I don't see it. I'm not trying to defend my purchases but these things tends to get blown out of proportion just because it's talked about and a handful of people buy them. Contemplating or discussing it completely different, to be honest just from the discussion alone it seems like the hate and love for RO are split in the middle. RO is just discussed more because Julius is so damn hard to find, not that RO is easy to find but it is more readily available.

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

It wasn't like this here last spring. Or the spring before that...broski.
    This thread was made in 2010. We're seeing the influx of a wealthier demographic here at sf. You speak as if fashion is a static industry and spending habits are the same every year. Honestly, why do you care if people buy Rick? It's nowhere close to being as much of a fad as GATs

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

everyone's laughing and cornholing and buying rick but synthese [​IMG]

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

styleforum curse. Every four months some brands piece explodes.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

and usually 12 months after other forums

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm not taking "everyone" literally but he was talking about "all" these people copping multiple Rick Owens leathers but I don't see it. I'm not trying to defend my purchases but these things tends to get blown out of proportion just because it's talked about and a handful of people buy them. Contemplating or discussing it completely different, to be honest just from the discussion alone it seems like the hate and love for RO are split in the middle. RO is just discussed more because Julius is so damn hard to find, not that RO is easy to find but it is more readily available.

you're blind du