Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^don't let tonio see that

cdw vest arrived, going full english country gent/moutain man steez during the day on foolz

Not his size. lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Damn time difference. I believe I would had to have been up at 8am EST the morning after New Year's Day when I was still in recovery mode to get up to be first in line for the brown small on Tres (the last small I knew about anywhere). I logged on to buy the small around 11am or noon and it was already gone.

What's even worse is that Yoox had the shawl collar hand knit that jet owns (aka the Beckam cardigan) MMM last year and I had in my dream box, but since I was saving money for a wedding couldn't buy it, forgot I had it in my dreambox until end of season sales when I was ready to buy again and saw the big "sold out" tag on it. A few days ago, I saw a picture of the navy hand knit from this season pop up again on the MMM webstore, got excited, clicked on it and turns out it was the grey version in a size large. These MMM hand knits have been haunting and taunting me!

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I've been searching for an ivory/ecru rollneck for a while, and didn't want a plain and potentially itchy one (Cabourn, North Sea Clothing, etc.).

I'd been staring at this Inis Meáin cable knit merino/cashmere version for a while, and finally caved. I'm tired of trying to save a few bucks by getting something that isn't exactly what I wanted. That said, I am so done with buying clothes (as long as the three knits I recently bought actually fit me). Nothing else I want, save for some occasional socks and a random OCBD.

[​IMG]

Great pickup, Z. That looks great. Is that wool/cashmere blend? I had the gray fairisle one on Nitty Gritty eyed up, but I have my eye on another prize or I'd be all over it right now. I have a hand knit turtle neck in white with some nice cable patterns that the Mrs.' mom made for me (posted in WAYWT a month or so back) and love it. It isn't from the Irish island of Inis, but hey she's from Ireland so in a roundabout way it's still authentic right? Haha.

3. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

yeah, finally convinced wife after 3 yrs. kids didn't want to go to school today

Is this a Golden? Get a good vacuum, stock up on lint brushes, keep the little guy (gal) entertained or else, hide anything chewable (even when it grows up). Make contingency plans to collect enough fur for ten sweaters twice a year (usually when there is a 15-20 degree drop/rise in temperature).

Otherwise, they're sweet as shit.

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

honestly imo if you get those mmms you might as well be getting stan smiths, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but i wouldnt pay 200++ for it

5. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/m...igan-brown.php

I think the blue would have been better but I slept on it, then again I have a blue stark so probably better to have a brown.

yes, the blue ones from oki-ni was awesome. Let's see fit pics when you receive it.

zissou, so very nice.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks, guys. Will do ahjota.

Great pickup, Z. That looks great. Is that wool/cashmere blend? I had the gray fairisle one on Nitty Gritty eyed up, but I have my eye on another prize or I'd be all over it right now. I have a hand knit turtle neck in white with some nice cable patterns that the Mrs.' mom made for me (posted in WAYWT a month or so back) and love it. It isn't from the Irish island of Inis, but hey she's from Ireland so in a roundabout way it's still authentic right? Haha.
    Yeah, close enough [​IMG] It's merino/cashmere, so pretty much guaranteed to be soft and not itchy. One of those things to keep forever. Mywardrobe has the crewneck version in M at a good sale price, but I really wanted the rollneck. I had been waiting for NG to put this one on sale along with the fair isles, but no dice.

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Since New Year's I've bought: - BBBF 16-ply cashmere sweater-jacket ( at a great price - Arrived today it's F*ing ridiculous!) - Mackage cashmere-blend zip jacket - Oki-Ni's last Margiela triple buckle side-zip chunky high-tops - Burberry check suit - 5 out-of-print short story collections by R.A. Lafferty (abebooks.com)

8. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Aww, you guys. [​IMG] Different taste, I guess.

There's a Russian saying along the lines of "can't argue with one's taste", but yes, that does look like some Walmart material.

9. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

^don't let tonio see that

cdw vest arrived, going full english country gent/moutain man steez during the day on foolz

so i was watching "An American werewolf in london", their jackets/vests made think of cdw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I have these in the paper application. Not really my style, I found (I really do prefer the shape of the CPs), but mine were super soft and comfortable off the bat.

Yours were not the same besides the matte/embossed thing. Different sole, the leather is rubberized, etc. I do like yours a lot though, should've gotten those.

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I am having bad luck with dress shirts.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

^dang you serious? i love that shirt

haha thanks mellow they're addicting bro so far i have the down sweater and vest, going to order the down shirt soon too

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

[​IMG]

he's gonna chew holes in all your rick. prob make them look cooler though

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

he's gonna chew holes in all your rick. prob make them look cooler though

why you think he got that dog