Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

BTW, Mr. Moo, that bag is excellent. I still want one for myself but can't bring myself to drop the coin for some reason, I don't really need many bags I guess.

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ann d. shawl cardi

ann d. conrad coat

ro grey kangaroo sweater

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Let me know if you ever tire of that SS v-neck.

Haha you got it.

Great purchases. Where did you get the ervell from? You should post a fit pic soon !

Thanks. Got it from a forum member, but have just sold it to another lucky member.

[​IMG]

Great shoe. Have been looking for that or similar brown colorway in my size at sale price for a while.

4. softy

softy Senior member

the last medium Albam Roll neck of Oipolloi, marked down from 145£ to 105£[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mr. finn is the king of roll necks.
    i hate the current fascination with patch elbows though, wtf. way to de-class a perfectly good sweater

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

navy Club Monaco wool down puffer. giftcard purchase, but still.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

mr. finn is the king of roll necks.
    i hate the current fascination with patch elbows though, wtf. way to de-class a perfectly good sweater

Ha ha no not really, this is my second one, as I always hated them[​IMG]

I like elbow patches on chunky knits, as they help avoid chunky knit grand canyon on your elbows.[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

^you got the size 2? what's the p2p on it?

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

late to the party, but some fresh CP lows.

Jet - thank you for the sizing advice. 41 is spot on.

[​IMG]

9. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Senior member

^Nice slack. How did you size the CPs? What do you wear in the SW x Quoddy shoes?

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Let me know if you ever tire of that SS v-neck.

Haha you got it.

Let me know first. [​IMG]

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I almost drove myself mad trying to size these things without the option of half sizes. I am pretty much a true US 9D - very rarely I will size down to an US 8.5D in a dress shoe. In all Quoddy's a size 9 is perfect. In Vans a size 9 is ideal, as well. Nikes I can alter between a 9 and 9.5. But Nike is the only shoe I have ever worn a 9.5 in.

So I was torn between getting a 42 or 41. My fear was that I would be a 41.5 and the 41's would be too snug while the 42's, too big. But I was pleasantly surprised after ripping off my work shoes in the FedEx parking lot, and throwing these on, to find they fit just about perfect. They're just a touch snug, but kind of in that good way -- where you know they'll stretch just a tiny, tiny bit and be perfect (similar to how I like my Quoddy's). In thinking on it I wouldn't opt for 41.5 even if they did offer half sizes.

The thing to remember, as Jet pointed out, and as I'd read, is to mind the width of your foot. They have a very narrow toe box, and overall width, so if you have some wide ones then you would need to size up 1 or else you just won't be able to cram your foot in the shoe -- even if the length is fine.

But the short n fat of this...

I sized down one full size. For example, I am a US 9 (Euro 42). I sized down to a US 8 (Euro 41) and thank goodness that was the right move. $o g1ad I don't gotta ship these back overseas [​IMG]

Ready to start beatin um up.

12. ennui

ennui Senior member

BTW, Mr. Moo, that bag is excellent. I still want one for myself but can't bring myself to drop the coin for some reason, I don't really need many bags I guess.

Mr. Moo, glad that somebody here bought it. I was going to keep it despite my wife constantly bitching about how much she hated it (she thinks I should fork the $$ over for an LV in Taiga or Epi), but it was just too big for my height and frame. I looked like even more of a kid when carrying it, so I had to return it. I learned that I have to limit myself to bags 18" in length or less from now on.

The other thing is that with the dimensions of the bag, I wasn't sure if I could carry it on on some airlines, if I ended up filling it up and getting an anal ticket counter person. But it seems to be a good bag for the price you paid (I'm assuming you used the 20% coupon from Yoox).

I ended up buying a Common Projects duffle bag in tan from Acrimony's sale, which is supposed to arrive today. This one is not returnable, so hopefully I will like it. [​IMG]

13. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Senior member

Thanks bro.

I almost drove myself mad trying to size these things without the option of half sizes. I am pretty much a true US 9D - very rarely I will size down to an US 8.5D in a dress shoe. In all Quoddy's a size 9 is perfect. In Vans a size 9 is ideal, as well. Nikes I can alter between a 9 and 9.5. But Nike is the only shoe I have ever worn a 9.5 in.

So I was torn between getting a 42 or 41. My fear was that I would be a 41.5 and the 41's would be too snug while the 42's, too big. But I was pleasantly surprised after ripping off my work shoes in the FedEx parking lot, and throwing these on, to find they fit just about perfect. They're just a touch snug, but kind of in that good way -- where you know they'll stretch just a tiny, tiny bit and be perfect (similar to how I like my Quoddy's). In thinking on it I wouldn't opt for 41.5 even if they did offer half sizes.

The thing to remember, as Jet pointed out, and as I'd read, is to mind the width of your foot. They have a very narrow toe box, and overall width, so if you have some wide ones then you would need to size up 1 or else you just won't be able to cram your foot in the shoe -- even if the length is fine.

But the short n fat of this...

I sized down one full size. For example, I am a US 9 (Euro 42). I sized down to a US 8 (Euro 41) and thank goodness that was the right move. $o g1ad I don't gotta ship these back overseas [​IMG]

Ready to start beatin um up.

14. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

late to the party, but some fresh CP lows.

Jet - thank you for the sizing advice. 41 is spot on.

[​IMG]

What size are you in other shoes? about to purchase but iffy as I vary across the shoe brand board.

15. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I am a true 9D. I wear 41 in CP lows, desert boots. 42 in mid tops and highs, and patent leathers. They tend to have a narrow toe box.