Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

PM'd. HDR on my iphone made it look a little weird, looks more like the stock photo in real life.

2. ltb

ltb Senior member

what size did you get ltb and what size are you normally?

i got the size 3. usually wear a 36/37 chest so it's slightly large on me, but i only tried it with a thin bd under it last week. will see what else works this weekend perhaps.

3. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Finally, I got my Dior Wool Duffle Coat from saks. I tried the Dior asymmetric blazer size 40 before, it cuts like a traditional Dior and that's why I ordered a size 42 for this coat. But this one is so danm huge. LIke a traditional fitting of brooksbrothers or Polo RL. There's no cutting at all. I think the cutting caries piece by piece. Anyway, so disappointed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Just got this one. Ridiculously thick and heavy knit. Heavier than a leather jacket.

[​IMG][​IMG]

and these too

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

^Sunglasses look nice.

I bought a SNS Stark (? I don't know the name, it's the one with the chunky h-bone cabling, like 5 metal buttons up the front) a long time ago and my mom mailed it to me recently, I actually forgot about it. It's been welcome in this weather, I wear it with a TOJ ocbd, the SNS, and then I have a cotton APC mac with a button out liner to cut the wind, and I stay reasonably warm.

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

^Sunglasses look nice.

I bought a SNS Stark (? I don't know the name, it's the one with the chunky h-bone cabling, like 5 metal buttons up the front) a long time ago and my mom mailed it to me recently, I actually forgot about it. It's been welcome in this weather, I wear it with a TOJ ocbd, the SNS, and then I have a cotton APC mac with a button out liner to cut the wind, and I stay reasonably warm.

Is that cotton mac like ridiculously thick too? I heard Korea's winter this year is terribad.

7. impolyt_one

nah it's fairly light, but the SNS is so heavy for insulation that I just need a windcheating layer. Korean winters are always bad, but it's mainly the wind chill factor that they never really measure that well. It's different measuring in the middle of some field, as opposed to the actual wind you get blowing in your face as it gets funneled down a street of skyscrapers with no space between them - that shit sucks.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

]*sweater* and these too

http://67.215.227.234/images/p/f/r/CUTL-UA15_V2.jpg[/IMG]http://67.215.227.234/images/p/f/r/CUTL-UA15_V4.jpg[/I]

Nice pickups. I just got rectangular eyeglasses in that same color and hoping they work well with the shape of my face.

Also, so you're liking that YA knit? How's the zipper on that thing? I loved the look of that one since I saw it on forward and was contemplating whether it was "worth the price of admission". What say you?

[QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]impolyt_one[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=3903092#post3903092'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
    ^Sunglasses look nice.

It sounds like the Stark if it has the high stiff ribbed neck and no pockets. I love mine for the same reason, it's my go to as the top layer before my coats in winter.

9. impolyt_one

mine has the shawl collar, no pockets, long length, which one is it?

10. gdl203

The YA is phenomenal - it's probably twice as heavy as my SNSH Stark - amazing, soft wool. Fit is slim and very trim through the arms - combined with the chunkiness, it makes for a very cool garment.

Zipper is a chunky YKK that's clearly up to the task

Knit looks completely different when zipped up all the way because of the funnel shape of the collar - almost looks like the YA funnel knit (without the asymmetry). No idea why Forward didn't show a picture zipped up.

11. gdl203

mine has the shawl collar, no pockets, long length, which one is it?

That's the Marked cardigan

12. RLP

RLP Senior member

Sick glasses!

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

grey canvass RO detroit jeans
    ann d. blazer
    pair of apcs
    bottega venetta combat boots, all at barneys sale. returning wife's leather worked out in my favor.

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Kunk in apcs? Mindfuck

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i only own 2 pairs of jeans,. a drkshdw and a pair of new cures that are ready for the trash heap