Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Also, statement pieces are just way more fun to wear

I'd say that sums it up

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

You guys really like this ska band cardigan? MMM or not that shit is ugly (sweater version is awful too).

haha I never liked them and if you're a long time margiela fan you can tell that ain't margiela

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I thin if that sweater were a solid panel pattern it would look a lot better imo, solid cream on top and solid grey at bottom, split at the pits and with a contrasting shawl collar to round it out.

4. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Cardigan is ok...the pants and t shirt are painful on the eyes.

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

You guys really like this ska band cardigan? MMM or not that shit is ugly (sweater version is awful too).

Of course! I've liked it for awhile. Wouldn't purchase it if I didn't like it!

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Update in re: number of recent kops.

First, NDG Shawl Collar Wool Trench. Already owned it in XL, lost a bunch of weight, just re-kopped in M. Really excited because even though my current one is too big for me it's one of my all time favourite pieces and I still wear it in spite of its big-ness. Depending on how this one fits I might have to say farewell to the old one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second, Robert Geller belted herringbone twill pants. Hope they fit or they'll go on B&S, kind of a shot in the dark.

[​IMG]

Fabric detail:

[​IMG]

If anyone sees the jacket anywhere, give me a holler, here's a detail pic: http://static2.slamxhype.com/wp-cont...ket-detail.jpg

Last but not least, mid-layer stuff; Geller cotton fencing overshirt.

[​IMG]

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

2 things dude, the fencing piece is a jacket, not an overshirt, beautiful re-make reminiscent of cloak days. Also, the trousers you purchased are not Twill but a linen, I used to own the matching blazer and it was fucking amazing.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah I am calling the jacket an overshirt because it's pretty damned light and I'll probably just wear it over tees. But we'll see when it comes in. And if you ever see the cocktail jacket to accompany those pants in a size 48 (or the vest that went with them) let me know, I wouldn't mind having the suit for summer.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Update in re: number of recent kops.

First, NDG Shawl Collar Wool Trench. Already owned it in XL, lost a bunch of weight, just re-kopped in M. Really excited because even though my current one is too big for me it's one of my all time favourite pieces and I still wear it in spite of its big-ness. Depending on how this one fits I might have to say farewell to the old one.

While an awesome coat, the sleeves are probably going to be too short for you. I am 5'11", and the sleeves reach my wrist, but there is not a lot of extra. I have longish arms, but you would need T-rex arms, proportionally.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I had seller measure the sleeve outseam and inseam and if he's right they should be fine, judging by comparison to my XL. If not, there is also room to let the sleeve out a good inch on mine and I trust my tailor. I figured it was worth a shot.

Strange thing is NDG generally has insanely long arms.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yeah I am calling the jacket an overshirt because it's pretty damned light and I'll probably just wear it over tees.

you can also wear a jacket over tees

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Or sheer tech-fabric floral shirts for that matter.

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Yeah I am calling the jacket an overshirt because it's pretty damned light and I'll probably just wear it over tees. But we'll see when it comes in. And if you ever see the cocktail jacket to accompany those pants in a size 48 (or the vest that went with them) let me know, I wouldn't mind having the suit for summer.

Would love to help but when I was at Odin I knew everyone who bought those, literally, they were all my friends, we were like a fucking gang. All gone now to my knowledge, only stores I know that bought this piece was Odin and the australian boutiques who's name escapes me at the moment, never end gallery or something?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Gravity pope in Vancouver had one but it looks like it's sold now since it's no longer on their website. I'll go in and talk to them when I'm there in 2 weeks but yeah, might just be an ebay thing.

The diamond blazer and diamond pant are actually the suit I REALLY want to put together but that's such a longshot as to be laughable, though Blackbird still has the jacket in a size 44 if anyone's ridiculously tiny.

15. APK

APK Senior member

Or sheer tech-fabric floral shirts for that matter.

UMad.gif