Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Fuck me silly, those CDiems are nice

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

nicelynice you should go all SZ and wear some superlong sleeves and gloves under that jacket for the coveted layered wrist. Make something good out of those jacket sleeves.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

leather jackets look better shorter, riding on top of the hips. Jeans on actual hips, long tee shirt as a buffer for coverage between jacket and jeans, so that you can see the hips move, jacket sashay at the bottom slightly, tee move with the body; anybody who's seen a Dior runway from the Slimane era can identify that kind of swag.
    There's a point where your tee can be too long but it rarely (if ever) happens because it's hard to find tees that long that still fit in the torso. I want to sag my jeans so the entire seat is flat, tee long enough to hit about 1" below the waistband in the front, cover almost all of the jeans yoke in the back; leather jacket should ride right where jeans waistband is at that point, exactly, and when unzipped, it'll shift back and up. Sleeves should hit where the wrist ends and thumb bone begins on the hand.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

btw, if i wore my tees like AR suggests doing.. [​IMG] I'd feel so swagless

5. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

Those Carpe Diem's are exactly what I want. Exactly.

6. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Arms are inch too short
    Body actually falls right where I want it - just hits the top of my belt

Wonder if the short sleeves are gonna bother me

Shoulda bought mine. [​IMG]

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

btw, if i wore my tees like AR suggests doing.. [​IMG] I'd feel so swagless
    Uh, I never suggested anyone wear tees in any particular way, only leather jackets. I agree with you on sleeve length but obviously not body length. I wear my 5zip a lot and it fits almost as short as you're suggesting but I'd like it better if it were an inch longer.

PS On the TOJ front this all also applies to varsities. There was a fit posted in TOJ thread a page or two before the current one that is just too damned short.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

leather jackets look better shorter, riding on top of the hips. Jeans on actual hips, long tee shirt as a buffer for coverage between jacket and jeans, so that you can see the hips move, jacket sashay at the bottom slightly, tee move with the body; anybody who's seen a Dior runway from the Slimane era can identify that kind of swag. There's a point where your tee can be too long but it rarely (if ever) happens because it's hard to find tees that long that still fit in the torso. I want to sag my jeans so the entire seat is flat, tee long enough to hit about 1" below the waistband in the front, cover almost all of the jeans yoke in the back; leather jacket should ride right where jeans waistband is at that point, exactly, and when unzipped, it'll shift back and up. Sleeves should hit where the wrist ends and thumb bone begins on the hand.
    I dunno if the jacket posted is one of yours (is it?) so it is not an attack against your work (fit issues rarely are anyway, not everyone looks good in everything), however too short sleeves and body remind me of baby rockers from 2002. NN might as well wear a porkpie and go all Pete Doherty. Worst of DH if you ask me. I am not against layering with a tee or two peeking out at the bottom (I do it too) but I guess I prefer it when it is like Balenciaga riders (shorter back).

9. snake

snake Senior member

Looks like a little girl's jacket that you buy them so it's cute because they're like 5 and all rocker-ish. Not cute on you though and not very interesting. Sell/return .
    I'd have to agree. It's not terrible by any means, but it's not mind blowing either. I just like your other leathers more! nn, did you sell your red Julius rider? [​IMG]

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Uh, I never suggested anyone wear tees in any particular way, only leather jackets. I agree with you on sleeve length but obviously not body length. I wear my 5zip a lot and it fits almost as short as you're suggesting but I'd like it better if it were an inch longer.

see, IMO your 5 zip always looked a bit long and a bit loose from the pics you posted.

I like the cropped look, kinda punkish.

i dunno, just different tastes. the sleeves are definitely too short though.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I dunno if the jacket posted is one of yours (is it?) so it is not an attack against your work (fit issues rarely are anyway, not everyone looks good in everything), however too short sleeves and body remind me of baby rockers from 2002. NN might as well wear a porkpie and go all Pete Doherty. Worst of DH if you ask me.

I am not against layering with a tee or two peeking out at the bottom (I do it too) but I guess I prefer it when it is like Balenciaga riders (shorter back).

Nah he mentioned earlier in this thread or perhaps another that that jacket was made for someone 5'6 (Really short) and that it'd be too short for nicelynice but it was after the transaction had occurred.

12. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] So happy with this jacket and the deal I got. Cannot wait to receive it!

13. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The glow Balenciagas were on Yoox? For how much?

15. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Just read all the NN leather controversy. I somewhat agree with the "too short" comments, but I am surprised by the harsh overreaction! I don't think the fit is anywhere near as problematic as some are claiming here. Labeling it "little girl" is simply going too far and I doubt anyone seeing NN on the street would ever see this image. There are plenty of examples on this forum of people wearing ToJ jackets with similarly short lengths and others claiming "perfect fit!" Nicelynice: What are the length measurements on your DR jacket vs. the other leather with the pockets? In your comparison picture you appear to be implying the lengths on those two jackets are about the same. However, when I quickly use a photo manipulation program to increase the length of the sleeves on the DR, it becomes obvious that the DR is likely a noticeably shorter jacket. (since the distance between the bottom hem on jacket's body vs. the bottom hem of the sleeves becomes far greater visually).