Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Don't get me wrong, I like the patent sometimes. I have achilles mids in patent bone, same as the ones jd has that are pretty cool. Patent bball highs just look unappealing to me.

I had the same shoes, achilles mids in patent bone. Not that comfortable on the feet. I am in between sizes in CP. My desert boots were in 42 and mid achilles were in 41. While the 42s gave me some slippage, the 41s were just a tad bit tight around the toe box. So I ordered my bb highs in 42, hopefully I can tie the laces tight enough and won't have any problems.

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

If you're referring to the one I posted, it's from Norse Projects

It's from Bleu de Paname

Did you get one of their denim shirts? I like a few of their pieces...

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

from the Tobi event, got them for a song.
    Godzirra feet

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did you get one of their denim shirts? I like a few of their pieces...
    You're talking about BdP ?

I don't have anything from them yet but I like what they're doing - at least on pictures. We'll see when the coat arrives.

5. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

^Where did you buy the coat from ?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^Where did you buy the coat from ?

I got both sweater and coat from norsestore

7. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

Took my first foray into leather jacket territory. Wasn't sure if leather was my thing, and not ballin enough to drop $1k+ on a real quality leather, so I took the oft looked down upon, "blackscissors-esque" route to give it a try. Honestly, I'm quite happy with what I got considering it's my first... perhaps I will upgrade to the real deal later on once I can afford to do so, if I can incorporate it well enough. For now, this is what I got: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Did a full custom (b/c I'm too short/small for the regular "sized" ones to fit me properly) and the measurements turned out great except the sleeve width is about 2cm wider than I requested. Planning to have the sleeves slimmed down to fix that issue.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

I have Bball highs, and imo Synth has the better kind - the plain nappa leather is so much better than the patent.
    yes, although black is better in patent.
    Took my first foray into leather jacket territory. Wasn't sure if leather was my thing, and not ballin enough to drop $1k+ on a real quality leather, so I took the oft looked down upon, "blackscissors-esque" route to give it a try. Honestly, I'm quite happy with what I got considering it's my first... perhaps I will upgrade to the real deal later on once I can afford to do so, if I can incorporate it well enough. For now, this is what I got:
    this looks good, where did you get it?

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Took my first foray into leather jacket territory. Wasn't sure if leather was my thing, and not ballin enough to drop $1k+ on a real quality leather, so I took the oft looked down upon, "blackscissors-esque" route to give it a try. Honestly, I'm quite happy with what I got considering it's my first... perhaps I will upgrade to the real deal later on once I can afford to do so, if I can incorporate it well enough. For now, this is what I got:

Did a full custom (b/c I'm too short/small for the regular "sized" ones to fit me properly) and the measurements turned out great except the sleeve width is about 2cm wider than I requested. Planning to have the sleeves slimmed down to fix that issue.

Not digging the wool cuffs on the sleeves, otherwise looks good.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

BS leather looks great, two-way zips too, prolly better than the real thing hah

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

12. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

picked up a uniqlo J+ down jacket, the first down jacket i've owned in quite a while.

13. dtronic

dtronic Member

picked up a uniqlo J+ down jacket, the first down jacket i've owned in quite a while.

post a pic of the jacket if you can. I have been looking for a inexpensive down jacket for layering.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I got both sweater and coat from norsestore

Jonathan + Olivia are carrying them now.

15. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

some stuff from j peterman:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    took a chance ordering some stuff-- got a great deal on the duffel and it is really nice and the t shirts are super thick. if you can get it on sale, i would recommend it.