Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

thanks everyone. kit - yes there are pockets in the bottom front at the seam. here is what the fabric and seams look like close up. there is a very subtle pattern in the fabric.
    nice pickup, looks great. what alterations are you making?
    shorten the arms a bit. also it has no buttons or buttonholes at the cuffs, so tailor must make buttonholes and sew buttons on. yoox final insult is that they forgot to include the horn buttons for the cuffs, so I must cop separately. lulz yoox. leather arrives on Wednesday . . . [​IMG]

2. _westERN

_westERN Member

[​IMG]

What brand are these? [​IMG]

3. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

shorten the arms a bit. also it has no buttons or buttonholes at the cuffs, so tailor must make buttonholes and sew buttons on. yoox final insult is that they forgot to include the horn buttons for the cuffs, so I must cop separately. lulz yoox.
    could be intentional, some jil sander suits don't have buttons. Saved you money too, since taking it up from the shoulder is $$$ and usually doesn't work out well. In any event: http://www.ascuteasabutton.com/suitbuttons.html You can probably find a good match here. Jacket looks great otherwise.

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Dlester, told you.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

good fit unc

thanks, i like them a lot, denim is solid and overall quality seems good. i'm sure the denim is nothing special but with a one-wash i don't think it really matters. if i was going for fadez i'm sure i'd be disappointed haha

H&M's Drain cut is the best bang-for-buck fit out there, I think. I saw some grey jeans in a "Drain Bootcut" but damn i ordered a lot of grey jeans already [​IMG]

do you have any studded footwear? Also, I think your ponyhair sneakers are going to fit right in with the rest of your gear so well. When are they supposed to get there?

PS you would also look good in christian westphal if you ever feel like embracing victorian vampire steez, which i consider on the daily.

Pony sneaks will still be a while, the way I use my proxy is complicated. I don't own any studded footwear, should I? haha

6. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

H&M aren't bad value; I prefer Uniqlo though.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I can't get to Uniqlo and I don't want to buy them without sizing them first [​IMG]

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

DLester, luh dat jacket boi

9. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

[​IMG]

Just bought these Ann D boots from FW08. Not my pic as mine haven't arrived yet.

Damn those are spot on. Where'd u pick them up??

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

could be intentional, some jil sander suits don't have buttons. Saved you money too, since taking it up from the shoulder is $$$ and usually doesn't work out well. In any event: http://www.ascuteasabutton.com/suitbuttons.html You can probably find a good match here. Jacket looks great otherwise.
    Yeah, a lot of Jil suits/jackets I've seen don't have cuff buttons. I kind of like it, don't add buttons, it'll ruin it.

11. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah, don't mess with it. Beautiful jacket.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

new dress shoes finally arrived in the correct size

[​IMG]

so its cool to polish new shoes right out of the box, right? not like waxing a new car? because they're not very shiny.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG]
    This thing is seriously seriously seriously sick. Thick, heavy, really warm, what the hell do I know of quality, but this thing is some serious quality. I'm so (almost) done with winter coats. Will spend money on TOJ now. WV, chesterfield, and a DR hopefully

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I can't get to Uniqlo and I don't want to buy them without sizing them first [​IMG]

Try it if you're ever in the area, the T-000 cut is crazy good for the price.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Tee's santonis are awesome. And I usually don't care for that brand