• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
yeah they are tts, which is strange for ervell apparently. I have some shorts in the same size that i can't even get on.

size 30 measurements:
waist: 15.5
rise: 10inchs

so pretty true to size.

this is weird, because i have the other two pairs that gilt was selling with that one and i sized up for both, and they fit perfect around the waist.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Shoe Company Vaughn chukka
VS1307-435x305_Profile.jpg
VS1307-435x190_Top.jpg
From HH Brown, which owns Corcoran, among several other shoe brands. Burnished harness leather, fully lined, etc. We'll see how they are when the arrive, and will be easy enough to return if I don't like them. Reality is that I don't have the $ for Tricker's or White's at the moment, so hopefully these will tide me over for 6 mos or so until I do.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
this is weird, because i have the other two pairs that gilt was selling with that one and i sized up for both, and they fit perfect around the waist.

very weird. I got them off melonadejello, who i think is a 28 and got a 30 expecting them to fit small.

Maybe it's just this colour.

or worse, maybe just this particular pair.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Vintage Shoe Company Vaughn chukka
VS1307-435x305_Profile.jpg

VS1307-435x190_Top.jpg

From HH Brown, which owns Corcoran, among several other shoe brands. Burnished harness leather, fully lined, etc. We'll see how they are when the arrive, and will be easy enough to return if I don't like them. Reality is that I don't have the $ for Tricker's or White's at the moment, so hopefully these will tide me over for 6 mos or so until I do.

I like them man, definitely a nice pickup for what you were wanting. BTW a friend of mine was going to Tokyo and asked me what kind of boots he wanted - 'he was wanting a vintage brown motorcycling boot' (he's not a fashion dude) so I told him about Moto boots and he came back with a pair, they're amazing. These look almost equally as nice. Do they have anything taller than a chukka in the same leather?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Oh, MOTOs are my dream. Those new cordovan boots literally made me drool. The Vintage Shoe Co. stuff is reasonably priced on Shoebuy. I paid just under $200 for the chukkas- less than a pair of Red Wings, which I never liked the look of. They have the Frederic
VS1306-435x305_Profile.jpg
or the Nathaniel, which are a great repro of their original jump boot.
VS1701-435x305_Profile.jpg
As much as I'd like some White's semi dress, I have a hard time walking around day to day in heavier boots with taller heels, due to being tall and lanky, I suppose. As long as the leather is nice, these should to me well.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_l9jkslhPkr1qcq3abo1_100.jpg

better pics when they arrive, thanks to kvc for the heads up in the baller sneaker thread since i was looking for the whites a lot and it beats the price on ebay

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How big are you aeglus, thought you had somewhat of a large build? Could be another synthese error..

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weren't those size 8 or some other midget size?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah they're midget size (may be too small, it's a really tight fit with my other MMMs in the same size). I'm not really very tall, I just have a meaty chest and often wear shoes/boots with heels.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^would go great with your gulfstream getup

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I haven't even thought of that.

Very dapper kelvin, bitches get ready.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

We're going again tomorrow son.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics