Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn I love vitacost my ON ish came in like one day.

2. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

3. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

This is correct, the moment you move out of your native country you lose all semblance of your culture.

Waaaaaay overreaction to joke haha wow, whole lotta flexin goin on.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

a lot of people been riding my nuts since i posted that lanvin jacket. especially kunk.
    gotta love e-jealousy disguised as e-hate.

[​IMG]

4. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^what material are those? could just be my monitor but it almost looks like hair.

Btw, your new leather, because of the belt, makes me think of your Belstaff/Vespa pics. Time for a new Vespa riding fit pic.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Pony hair indeed.

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

^what material are those? could just be my monitor but it almost looks like hair. Btw, your new leather, because of the belt, makes me think of your Belstaff/Vespa pics. Time for a new Vespa riding fit pic.
    yeah it's pony hair. its funny you say that about the lanvin jacket. my friend said it reminded him of my belstaff as well. my vespa got hit by a cop car. waiting to get the money for a new one now......

7. mondayc

mondayc Senior member

PC black/really dark navy corduroy pants, $28 at Buffalo Exchange.

8. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I'm trying to find something like (Sq's) Prorsum canary yellow sport coat (basically a tech-type material sport coat in a modern slim cut) but at like a budget-baller level. Anyone seen something that would fit this description? I kind of have the feeling that it's a spring/summer item though and I'm out of luck until next year. I ordered one by CP Company in tan that I really dig but it's a 38 (43" actual) and at least a size too big.

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

I'm trying to find something like (Sq's) Prorsum canary yellow sport coat (basically a tech-type material sport coat in a modern slim cut) but at like a budget-baller level. Anyone seen something that would fit this description? I kind of have the feeling that it's a spring/summer item though and I'm out of luck until next year. I ordered one by CP Company in tan that I really dig but it's a 38 (43" actual) and at least a size too big.

i believe kitakira saw my prorsum blazer at century 21. he said it was 40% off which puts it at like 1000. i think they only made it in two sizes though, 48 and 50. it's cotton btw. i don't know what prorsum does to their cotton to make it have that ultra-mercerized feel to it.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

i believe kitakira saw my prorsum blazer at century 21. he said it was 40% off which puts it at like 1000. i think they only made it in two sizes though, 48 and 50. it's cotton btw. i don't know what prorsum does to their cotton to make it have that ultra-mercerized feel to it.
    Was at Bloomingdales and I think it was a bit cheaper than that ($700 or $800s?). 38 and 40

11. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ It definately doesn't look like cotton to me, that's pretty cool. The CP coat I picked up is 65polyester/35 polyamid and actually looks similar to how yours looked in pictures (just a touch of sheen). Also I got it for 1/2 off of $500, so I probably shouldn't have used the word 'baller in any way to describe my budget. [​IMG]

12. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

bought these two items in Montreal

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/c...-selvedge.html (might be the skinnyguy one, its in the store for hemming, i dont even remember..)
    http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/c...oubleface.html

The store (inspired u) has an amazing display of naked and famous stuff (i saw pretty much all jeans n&f does, even that crazy wool pair).

I don't know what the prices are now but when I went to Influence U(I assume that's what you meant to say? On St. Catherine next to the McDonalds?), they were pretty high. $200-ish? I think Three Monkeys(in Cours de Mont Royal, right "behind" AM68" has all N&F jeans for reasonable prices if you want local.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

lol I almost convinced myself that it'd be able to perform as both blazer and outerwear so I should combine my alotted funds [​IMG]

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

dude i hate to sound like a prick but i bet I make your yearly salary in 3 pay periods. I just find artifice and over consumerism gauche.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

a lot of people been riding my nuts since i posted that lanvin jacket. especially kunk.
    gotta love e-jealousy disguised as e-hate.

[​IMG]

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ban him [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe, but jokes about black people being slaves = not acceptable, regardless of intent Shouldn't be that hard to understand. I deleted my last post because uncontrol really summed it up better than did I.

Now, let's put this behind us and move on.