• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
View attachment 1933919
Eric Javits hat. For my money best hats on the market. Wide brim hats that skirt incel vibes are already the hardest thing in fashion and on top of that to have a hat that's fun? That's high level stuff. I will say, I'm not sure it's as nice as my other Eric Javits hat:
View attachment 1933925
The brand does this proprietary synthetic straw thing called Squishee that's totally sun-proof, which, yes, ask a redhead and they'll tell you not all hat weaves are actually sun-proof. But the latter one there feels more squishee and maybe a little nicer in hand. Plus the new one has a little logo on the back which I don't care for. But overall I like it. It had to replace a leather Goorin Bros hat that I just could not make work. I gotta restrict myself to 6 slots. Now I got kind of an earth tone side and the blue tone side.
View attachment 1933927

What do you use to hang your hats like that?! I’m liking that and have a couple NFs on a shelf

Trit

Reaction score
What do you use to hang your hats like that?! I’m liking that and have a couple NFs on a shelf

Just those 3M sticky hook things. I'm still in an apartment so I don't want to go too crazy on the walls. But they work great.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found the only item on my grail list for a song- Valstar shearling aviator. Guess I'm done!
valstar 2.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I thought THESE were pricey...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I thought THESE were pricey...

To be fair, while Vollebak is expensive, I buy that material and get stuff made out of it, and at the stores that carry it, in the US, it is something like $25/ft, and it takes over $100 worth to make a pair of pants. I know, since I've had this done. But yes, even with that, the markup is steep. That comes with the terribory, but everyone else who has done it started then at $500-600, and then just stopped, I suppose not in small part because the amount it costs to make and the amount people are willing to pay just doesn't make financial sense.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, while Vollebak is expensive, I buy that material and get stuff made out of it, and at the stores that carry it, in the US, it is something like $25/ft, and it takes over $100 worth to make a pair of pants. I know, since I've had this done. But yes, even with that, the markup is steep. That comes with the terribory, but everyone else who has done it started then at $500-600, and then just stopped, I suppose not in small part because the amount it costs to make and the amount people are willing to pay just doesn't make financial sense.
The heart wants what the heart wants.
And to be honest, I haven't ordered the GoRuck indestructible pants. I'll probably order the shorts though.
I have two of their rucks, which are very legit.
And they just came out with socks.
They said they started by comparing with Darn Tough, and then making them better.
I have quite a few pairs of Darn Tough and they're great so....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The heart wants what the heart wants.
And to be honest, I haven't ordered the GoRuck indestructible pants. I'll probably order the shorts though.
I have two of their rucks, which are very legit.
And they just came out with socks.
They said they started by comparing with Darn Tough, and then making them better.
I have quite a few pairs of Darn Tough and they're great so....
Apart from some actual special needs that I have for clothing, yes, I would say that the heart wants what the heart wants, and if it's not hurting you or someone else, hey, you do you.

I was just noting that dyneema fabrics, especially from good Italian mills, are as expensive as expensive suiting, so while the prices are eyewatering, they are not reall only a bit out of whack compared the to the usual markup.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time for a new pair.

9E4EFD04-DBE3-4E07-B8ED-CBA9F12E2604.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mos def got your money's worth out of those.
Also, please port this pic over to the "are shoe trees worth it" thread...

Shoe trees are worth it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many of Vollebak’s products are extremely wasteful in terms of resources and (the consumer’s) money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads