• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it from saks and huh you’re correct I don’t see it for sale anymore. I don’t know why TF keeps discontinuing my favorite private scents. I bought up all the Italian Cypress I could when they discontinued that haha.TO is one of my favorites with Tobacco Vanille being by all time #1. Ebene Fume for example seemed liked TO’s little brother almost the same but without the tobacco hit
Makes sense, I'll keep an eye out for it. I got ebene Fume recently, and I love it. Need to try To as well.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Makes sense, I'll keep an eye out for it. I got ebene Fume recently, and I love it. Need to try To as well.
Oh you haven’t tried it yet? I’m smelling Ebene right now and it really is just a more toned down version of TO. Fair warning it’s one of those fragrances with no middle ground either people love it or they ask what skunk I rubbed on myself haha. My advice is try it out via perfumed court firsthttps://www.theperfumedcourt.com/Products/Tom-Ford-Tobacco-Oud---Private-Line---Oud-Series__TFTOBACCOOUD.aspx

This is where I got my Ebene sample

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh you haven’t tried it yet? I’m smelling Ebene right now and it really is just a more toned down version of TO. Fair warning it’s one of those fragrances with no middle ground either people love it or they ask what skunk I rubbed on myself haha. My advice is try it out via perfumed court firsthttps://www.theperfumedcourt.com/Products/Tom-Ford-Tobacco-Oud---Private-Line---Oud-Series__TFTOBACCOOUD.aspx

This is where I got my Ebene sample
I think I'll give it a shot, thanks. I've been chasing a variety of smokey scents, currently have these from the tobacco family: LL tabac, Coqui & coqui tabaco, tf ebene fume, and ds&d burning barbershop

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I think I'll give it a shot, thanks. I've been chasing a variety of smokey scents, currently have these from the tobacco family: LL tabac, Coqui & coqui tabaco, tf ebene fume, and ds&d burning barbershop
You don’t have Tobacco Vanille??? Man that’s top top top #1 for me. My most complimented scent followed closely by Aventus

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t have Tobacco Vanille??? Man that’s top top top #1 for me. My most complimented scent followed closely by Aventus
I've sampled it before, I think it reads a bit more sweet than what I want atm. I'm hoping TO cuts down on the vanilla and pumps up the smoke. Gonna order samples of aventus, GIT, and TO. Anything else I should try?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I've sampled it before, I think it reads a bit more sweet than what I want atm. I'm hoping TO cuts down on the vanilla and pumps up the smoke. Gonna order samples of aventus, GIT, and TO. Anything else I should try?
Yes the dry down is very much vanilla. That’s the beauty of the perfumed court you can try a lot of scents easily haha. Well I’ll give you my favorites (my 10 I have on hand always)

1. Tobacco Vanille
2. Virgin Island Water/ 2a. Margiela Untitled
3. Italian Cypress (try this one)
4.Tuscan Leather (try this one)
5. Aventus
6. Tobacco Oud
7. Oud Wood
8. Neroli Portofino Forte
9. Windsor
10. Noir de Noir (try this, but it’s a chocolate like smell)

The majority are lighter summer scents since that I wear on the daily but the heavy hitters are def Tuscan Leather, Italian Cypress, Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud. Tom Fords original Private Blend scents are the GOATs in my opinion

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford is a legend. I haven't had the time or money to get into his eponymous scents but loved his work at Gucci and YSL. I still have a bottle of Envy and M7

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the dry down is very much vanilla. That’s the beauty of the perfumed court you can try a lot of scents easily haha. Well I’ll give you my favorites (my 10 I have on hand always)

1. Tobacco Vanille
2. Virgin Island Water/ 2a. Margiela Untitled
3. Italian Cypress (try this one)
4.Tuscan Leather (try this one)
5. Aventus
6. Tobacco Vanille
7. Oud Wood
8. Neroli Portofino Forte
9. Windsor
10. Noir de Noir (try this, but it’s a chocolate like smell)

The majority are lighter summer scents since that I wear on the daily but the heavy hitters are def Tuscan Leather, Italian Cypress, Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud. Tom Fords original Private Blend scents are the GOATs in my opinion
Ah what a great list, I'll add your recs. Here are my top 10 at the moment, although I have many more:

1. TF oud wood
2. terre d'hermes
3. LL patchouli
4. DS&D burning barbershop
5. LL tabac
6. DS&D freetrapper
7. DS&D st vetyver
8. TF azure lime
9. DS&D italian citus
10. TF ebene fume

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything else I should try?
I love Oud Wood, and Tobacco Vanille and have them both.
If I could only keep one TF though, it'b original Tuscan Leather, not the Intense.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loresdeman