• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210922-102637-667.png

This 'shirt' from Mfpen is no joke, it's thick cotton and quite rigid, not drapey like other exact shirt I've got from them. The material is more suited for a jacket or trousers imo but it's interesting enough to keep. I've also found it to be more oversized than the others, might be due to the thickness. I sized down on this and it actually feels bigger than my other TTS exact shirt

notmandatory

Reaction score
Withernot Rugby

I've been on the lookout for the right rugby shirt for a while. This one ticks all the right boxes.

Stan Ray Painter's Pants (Original fit)

The off-white natural canvas and relaxed fit makes these really easy to wear. I'm probably going to cut off the hammer loop on the back.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking idly for a pair of black chunky derbies for a while, not a million miles away from the kind of creepers that Yohji used to do. Anyway, I happened to be on the Grenson site for other reasons and they had a sale and I was actually struck by how interesting they had become (CM people would probably say 'debased' etc.!). There were collaborations with Craig Green, quite subtle new takes on old styles and a lot more. Some didn't work but some really did. And I found what I was looking for, which were these, the Melvins (yeah, the accidental punk connection appealed to me):

Definitely chunky, nice shape, I liked the grain leather, and the commando soles are super comfortable (I'm wearing them now). They are basically like what military shoes should be but usually aren't. And half price (£153 / $230).

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FlyingMonkey how did you find the sizing on those? Relative to something like trickers or those kind of things I suppose.
I'm pretty much dead on UK6.5 / US7.5 / EU40.5 (very small feet, I know) so I bought the Melvins in UK6.5. I was surprised that they feel like they have some room but not enough that you'd want to size down even a half size, and they are really comfortable.

(I've never even tried on Trickers, sorry!)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool thanks. All they have left is an 11, and I’m a 12US in sneakers so those are probably going to be too big.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
yea I followed that random fashion thoughts thread about hair stuff and decided to give it a whirl.
I use the same brand (rarely though) but have the green box, which I assume is lighter stuff.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.