• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
D0EACD1D-5851-4D8B-8153-65D5BFCD4141.png

for my wife who will probably still keep borrowing my copper pair...

Hanto

Reaction score
Visvim Lama Sandals - Really pleased to get a pair in my size, complete with the box and in one of better iterations IMO.

Real McCoy's Hangers and Anonymous Ism hemp socks.

Just ordered another 6 hangers. :D The quality of the socks is great as usual, and really interesting colours.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kjb how did you size the denim? Looks like a perfect pair for spring/summee
i took my actual waist size, so these are a size 34. they were a bit snug in the waist and hips at first but being washed, stretched pretty easily even within the first hour of wear. i like them, they seem a touch darker in person than shown on the DR site (but it's a very grey day here so maybe they'll brighten up in full sunlight) but the cut and weight is very nice.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i took my actual waist size, so these are a size 34. they were a bit snug in the waist and hips at first but being washed, stretched pretty easily even within the first hour of wear. i like them, they seem a touch darker in person than shown on the DR site (but it's a very grey day here so maybe they'll brighten up in full sunlight) but the cut and weight is very nice.
Those Studio jeans look like the perfect wash! Accuse my ignorance, but what is the DR site?

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Studio jeans look like perfect wash! Accuse my ignorance, but what is the DR site?
Pretty sure he's talking about division road

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those aren't doc martin's?
Nope, Solovair. A bit better than Docs. Made in UK, better leather (but still not great),Goodyear welted, and still have the wood shanks that Docs removed when they outsourced years ago.

edit: I can tell the difference in leather immediately. These will take a bit longer to break in than I'm used to

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, Solovair. A bit better than Docs. Made in UK, better leather (but still not great),Goodyear welted, and still have the wood shanks that Docs removed when they outsourced years ago
To make it totally clear - this is the factory that used to make DMs back in the day, before the company went global, forgot its roots and quality control, and outsourced everything overseas. DMs were once "Doctor Martens by Solovair."

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy