• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics, but scored final sale Jomers VBC trousers in steel blue. 1 pair left, and in my size.
No returns, but I know my size with them.
$41

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Space hippies:
Nice pick-ups! I was contemplating an AW jacket this season but didn't pull the trigger in the end.

A word of warning, though (possibly self-evident): The only pair of Nikes I've bought in the last 10 years or so had "laces through laces" like those and they started coming apart on me within a few months. If I hadn't bought them for $25 at an outlet I would have been pissed. Mine have leather uppers, so I can punch a hole right through where the 'lace grommet' was and keep using them, but I highly doubt that would work for long / at all on a sock-knit.

All this to say, be careful when tightening.

I see more and more of these designs in the market, but I will never buy another pair. Shoes need "substantial" lacing to last -- the laces need to pass through something durable (leather and/or a grommet, ideally metal).

Jonas251

Reaction score
Nice pick-ups! I was contemplating an AW jacket this season but didn't pull the trigger in the end.

A word of warning, though (possibly self-evident): The only pair of Nikes I've bought in the last 10 years or so had "laces through laces" like those and they started coming apart on me within a few months. If I hadn't bought them for $25 at an outlet I would have been pissed. Mine have leather uppers, so I can punch a hole right through where the 'lace grommet' was and keep using them, but I highly doubt that would work for long / at all on a sock-knit.

All this to say, be careful when tightening.

I see more and more of these designs in the market, but I will never buy another pair. Shoes need "substantial" lacing to last -- the laces need to pass through something durable (leather and/or a grommet, ideally metal).
it’s flywire they use for the lace loops and it is pretty strong. I’ve never had a problem with that lacing system, even on basketball shoes when I was playing competitively. If they do break you can contact Nike and they will replace it. Ppl don’t seem to remember Nike has an excellent return policy.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloak.jpg

Cloak SS06 Arrow Jacket. This was my first Cloak piece some 8 years back, ruined by a dry cleaner. Wore this nearly every day my junior year of college. Didn't think id get a second chance with this beauty, let alone one that's essentially NWOT.

18eb3e7cb169c8818906c5a6b793e24f.jpg

Franklin Christoph P66 Antique Glass (acrylic)

FC45l.jpg

Franklin Christoph 45L custom poured acrylic

Last edited:

Hanto

Reaction score
Few more frames recently. Have had to shift a few bits to pay for them, but can definitely say that the JMM obsession has taken hold. As Regis said, when you like a brand, you often go for it!

Scarpa in Silver
Dealan in Sand

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Told you those sands would be awesome! I think right behind Havana it’s my favorite color way I don’t know why they don’t it more.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.