• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jonas251

Reaction score
Why don't gloves come pre worked in?
there are gloves you can buy that come pre-worked in. Most serious players would prefer something they can mold because how you shape your glove is position and preference specific. Also, once the glove is broken in with oils and whatnot, it looses its shape and pocket very quickly. If you break a glove in the way I described it will retain its shape for years and years.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Is Nokona the kangaroo leather glove? If so, I remember them being really nice, but getting loose and floppy really fast (note, I'm talking about the ones I handled 20+ years ago, so take that comment for what it's worth).
That’s the one, thinking of doing a custom glove with their Kangaroo and Japanese Calfskin with the Kangaroo. Love the Cayman too but they ask like 1.2k....gotta be major league for that one haha

Why don't gloves come pre worked in?
You can get your gloves broken in already straight from the factory these days

verver

Reaction score
I played infield in high school. Rawlings pro or gold glove was what was considered to be good gloves. Definitely a very personal process of breaking in a glove, and all players enjoy the ritual. I used mink oil, and repeated pounding of forming pocket w baseball, and wrap w rubber bands

mak1277

Reaction score
I played infield in high school. Rawlings pro or gold glove was what was considered to be good gloves. Definitely a very personal process of breaking in a glove, and all players enjoy the ritual. I used mink oil, and repeated pounding of forming pocket w baseball, and wrap w rubber bands
I remember when my dad gave me my first Rawlings Gold Glove, heart of the hide model. I knew how much it cost (~$100 at the time) and I was almost afraid to use it.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did you get mink oil in highschool - advanced level stuff there!!

Our baseball team put our gloves together and ran them over with our bikes

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
liked the first pair alot. Perfect replacement for black stan smiths.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I really wanted was something I could tie
Instead you broke in my hand, all I could do was cry
What'd you do to me? Look what you did to me ...
I thought that you were something that would do me right
Until you snapped right in half, the knot wasn't even tight ...
What'd you do to me? Can't take what you did to me.

surrender

Reaction score
decided that Acne's River is my favorite denim fit, so I bought two pairs, some Acne Pierre cropped trousers, and a Stephan Schneider shirt
acne-studios_200113_042.jpg
xfyymm1brwhktjtjtm6a.jpg1325754_1_zoom.jpgrk8d7q28yajpc0cg6j7g.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up a Mollusk tee and cord shorts. Maybe should’ve sized up on the tee but I like it. Thanks @dieworkwear for the article.

mhip

Reaction score
I've never had such a run of ordering things that show in stock, and then getting next day emails saying, "sorry, we don't have the stuff you ordered"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.