• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of coffee makers, I recently bought this:

And this stuff to go with it (apologies for low res photos):

Mugs by Jasper Morrison for Iittala, Hario weight with timer, Hario measuring cup, Barazza Encore grinder and the various beans suited for filter coffee from The Coffee Collective in Copenhagen.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kaplan how do you like the moccamaster? I'm currently using a French press, but find the steps a bit annoying, and difficult to get very consistent results.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with it. Pour over coffee is a bit too elaborate for me, but with this you can approach that quality with less fuss. (Though you have to be into that silky soft filter style. If you come from espresso, a moka pot, french press or even instant, you'll loose that more oily mouthfeel and body those provide. This style of coffee is more like the body and texture of a tea).

For maybe better and more consistent results with your french press, check the video below:

(I would probably skip the step where he skims the surface with the spoons, but it might be worth the effort.)

Last edited:

Junglejack

Reaction score
The Moccamaster rules and I have been using them for close to 15 years with my first KB-741 still going strong.
I would actually recommend not getting the thermal one as the carafe is useless and hard to clean. Better to decant into a Zojirushi thermal coffee carafe. Also, the glass ones are much easier to clean.
The best part of the Technivorm is it takes around 6 mins to brew.
The Bonavita is likewise good and is also SCA (Speciality Coffee Association) approved and slightly cheaper.

As for recent clothing purchases, added more Officine Generale stuff and a pair of Rag & Bone chinos. Fave are the New Fisherman chinos from OG.

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool to see more talk about Officine Generale. It’s all really cool, easy, well done stuff.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Literally the first thing my gf said after I unboxed the thing was that the Bezzera logo looks like poop & coffee shits :rolleyes2:
Cool jacket!

verver

Reaction score
Have been using moccamaster for over 5 yrs. great and super consistent coffee, never sour, great temp.
also have the bonavita is the basement for guests. Coffee a little hotter, but not as tasty, but still good.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score

I wish I could snag the Purpose graident coat too, but with a kid on the way my wife would have my head for getting that too, even on sale. Still super jazzed about the sweater though. The nice fine knit cuffs sold it for me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 76 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%