• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new models. The thing is Mykita for some reason doesnt sell all the Margiela Collar opticals on their site. I found an independent place who had great reviews and are nice enough to make them into sunglasses for me (sky blue lenses). They have some other cool models too in ruby/gold and taupe/gray

https://www.specscollective.com/search?type=product&q=margiela

Im going for this look on the model I got

mykita-m-mm-sun-mmraw007-raw-black-havana-sky-blue_1200x.jpg
Awesome, thanks man. I love my MMRAW006 and am looking forward to picking those up next as eyeglasses.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all the mykita x Margiela crazy light? Nordstrom has a pair and even at 60% off I found them too light weight

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The raw acetate ones aren't lighter than any other acetate sunglasses

Reactions: msg

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The raw acetate ones aren't lighter than any other acetate sunglasses

The pair I tried were titanium, get like they’d fall of my face whenever the wind blew

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
For anyone interested in iem for their music I replaced my worn out 5 year old sennheiser ie 4 with a ****** pair of sony $12 from target. First thing I noticed is the silicone ear tips were junk and folded over onto themselves when I was test fitting them. Secondly I never got a good fit or seal. The earbuds themselves sounded like garbage and there was very little bass. Took them to the gym and wasn't really satisfied even after using my beat up senns. Music sounded flat, highs were too shrill and almost a narrow frequency range. I said ******* and got a fresh pair of ie4 from bhphoto for $60 shipped, beware of counterfeits on amazon btw, and they sound incredible. Not going to do any type of special burn in but right out of the simple package there was such a wide dynamic range, excellent base and crisp highs without being shrill. Also very good isolation from ambient noise and a great fit not to mention much higher spl. So glad I rebought these I might buy a few more as backups. The reason I mention it is because you won't see these mentioned on sites like wirecutter and typical blog reviews so I wanted to give them a shout out.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in iem for their music I replaced my worn out 5 year old sennheiser ie 4 with a ****** pair of sony $12 from target. First thing I noticed is the silicone ear tips were junk and folded over onto themselves when I was test fitting them. Secondly I never got a good fit or seal. The earbuds themselves sounded like garbage and there was very little bass. Took them to the gym and wasn't really satisfied even after using my beat up senns. Music sounded flat, highs were too shrill and almost a narrow frequency range. I said ******* and got a fresh pair of ie4 from bhphoto for $60 shipped, beware of counterfeits on amazon btw, and they sound incredible. Not going to do any type of special burn in but right out of the simple package there was such a wide dynamic range, excellent base and crisp highs without being shrill. Also very good isolation from ambient noise and a great fit not to mention much higher spl. So glad I rebought these I might buy a few more as backups. The reason I mention it is because you won't see these mentioned on sites like wirecutter and typical blog reviews so I wanted to give them a shout out.

Another great sounding gym rec are thr Shure 215. Pretty freaking great sound isolation.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: headphones, I saw what y'all were saying about Wirecutter when I was getting a pair for myself not too long ago. I got whatever their "cheap headphone" recc is and they've got so little bass they've been relegated to car headphones for me. (Great for audiobooks & phone convos, terrible for music) Personally, I still haven't found a pair of cheap (<$20) headphones that seriously justifies their existence over Monoprice stuff, with the exception of for fit reasons.

And then for the higher end, I still haven't found anything as good as my old Ultimate Ears, which got obliterated as a brand when Logitech bought em. Not only did they sound amazing, but they were durable as all get-out, and each of my pairs lasted half a decade being thrown around in high school and college backpacks. Unfortunately, they had one weakness - sweat, which oxidized the terminals where the cord plugged into the bud itself.

I'm sure if I went digging again I could find something equivalent, I just don't have the time to spend a dozen hours looking at different headphones like I used to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads